Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: sorta plumbing

Default sorta plumbing

Hi all, really great forums here with lots of good guff. I have a little query regarding my swimming pool.
    I want to remove the damn thing. Doesnt hardly get used and it just getting a pain to maintain.
    Anyone here know of any people in Brisbane who are into this sort of thing. I want to get it done fairly soon.
    I wont even talk about the hassles with councils re fencing either.
    thanks in advance

Hi, are you looking for someone to come and take it away, or are you looking to hire someone to remove it for you? What is the made of? Is it above or below ground?

Hi,
    Its a fibre glass pool about 10 X 4 Metres. Bascially I want it removed and filled. Its an inground pool. Seem to be very few people who do this work. I guess it could be removed completely or just filled in.
    Whichever way is the most cost effective

A mate of mine in melb does this as a sidline to his excavation business.
    Works well for him...removes fill from one site (charging for tipping fee) then dumps into disused pool (charges a sourcing fill) but he discounts for beer

You might be able to get onto one of these deals through a local bobcat/tipper man.

best of luck

I'm in the same boat but was just going to fill it in.

My plan was to empty out the water, wack a few holes in the bottom to stop it floating up out of the hole and get out a jig saw or whatever and cut the top off about a foot below the water line. Cut up the bits and dump them and then fill the damn thing in.

In WA there is an active industry in recycling second hand fiberglass pools. If you put an add in the local paper somebody will come and dig it out and take it away - if you negotiate a good deal they will also fill the hole while they have the equipment on site usually all of that is free because they will sell the pool. fficeffice" /><O></O>
    I would use an online paper (we have Quokka over here, trading post in Vic –) and phone up anybody selling a secondhand pool they may be the person that recycles these things. <O></O>

durwood, thats basically what one excavator told me they would do. Seems simple enough, BUT, council is involved and they insist on a building certifier telling me how to do it and to file an permit with council etc. Usual beauracy gets involved in what is a simple excerise.
    I could probably do the cutting up etc myself, I guess, just need to find someone to ship in the right fill. Depends on what this certifier says needs to be done .

I can't see it got anything to do with the council, if I want to change my plants, redesign my back yard or fill the pool with dirt It's none of their business.

Pity you to contact them.