Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Great start to the day

I had a great start to the day today. In my usual rush to get to work I managed to pump around 60 litres of unleaded fuel into my DIESEL truck. :mad: This came to light when I went in to pay and said "number seven; the diesel".

The lady looked at her computer and said: "The diesel pump hasn't been used, but there's $70.00 of unleaded that hasn't been paid for".

The penny dropped a few seconds later and, with help, the truck was pushed out of the way and the fuel drained into a bucket, and poured into 3 twenty litre drums. The final two buckets were tipped out.

The worst part, of course, was jumping back into the truck after pouring a few litres of fresh diesel into it, and trundling up to the bowser to refill it. I wanted to blame someone, the police again perhaps (Dan?) or even Collingwood supporters, but it was clearly down to my impatience. It won't happen again.

Bummer start for the day!

It could've been worse... you could've gotten half-way between the next two servos before discovering your mistake when things come to a shuddering halt.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

In my last summer break before heading off to Uni I had a casual job with a car dealership in Jersey, and one of my tasks was to go down the the harbour to help collect newly delivered vehicles.

Of course, they were always just about bone dry of fuel, so we would pour a couple of litres into each one to get them back to the maintenance facility for pre-delivery checks, etc.

One delivery involved a number of diesel vans - and visually identical petrol ones. Of course numb nuts here trundles along the line pouring petrol into all of them :eek:

Amazingly they all ran, but the mechanics back at base mentioned that some of the diesels sounded a bit funny...

Never did own up to that one

rrich Guest

I pulled into the filling station with my diesel truck. I had to wait for the sweet young thing in front of me to finish filling her Toyota. She gets into the Toyota and drives off. The Toyota starts smoking badly and after about 15-20M the Toyota just stops.

I start filling my truck with diesel as SYT comes over to me asking for help. It seems that her battery has been run down. I tell her that when I finish, I'll try to help.

I drive over to where SYT's Toyota has stalled. I was thinking that maybe I would have to use my truck to juimp her battery to start the Toyota. I ask what happened as the Toyota is rather new and shouldn't be experiencing any problems. She explains that car just started smoking badly, stalled and won't restart and now her battery has been run down. All this after she filled her tank with fuel.

I asked, "What colour pump nozzle did you use?"
    SYT replies. "The yellow one."
    I'm thinking "That's not good." as I ask to see her credit card receipt for the fuel.
    Upon examination of the receipt, I explain to SYT that she just put sixteen gallons of diesel into her Toyota. Then SYT asks, "Why won't her Toyota run on diesel."

Other than a severe tendency for preignition, a diesel could survive on petrol couldn't it? (especially if diluted down as far as possible with diesel). Would run like a bucket of ####!

As to the SYT and her petrol car - well it's pretty much like putting in molasses!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Many moons ago my sister got her first at a sevo, back in the days when you still got served at the bowser. A customer said while youre there can you put a pint of oil in it. Sister not knowing a thing about cars but showing some initiative undid the first cap she saw - radiator and emptied in the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart. View Post
    Other than a severe tendency for preignition, a diesel could survive on petrol couldn't it? (especially if diluted down as far as possible with diesel). Would run like a bucket of ####!
    Yes... severe preig, if the mix's high enough it can run hot enough to cause china syndrome if you keep on keeping on in an attempt to get to the next safe haven. DAMHIKT.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc