Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default WOODWORKING QUIZ for 28 AUG 04

Good Evening Friends,
    When using a water wheel for sharpening tools it is such a pain to have to fill the reservoir with water and then have to drain after you have finished.

What would you do to simplify this chore?

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio

1. Sharpen all your tools first thing in the morning while you take your shower.
    2. Don SCUBA gear and set up your Tormek in the swimming pool.
    3. Set off the fire dousing system in your shop with a cigarette lighter before a sharpening session.

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaah
    The Oz men's team has finally won gold in the hockey at the Olympics. It has been a long time coming.

Rob.

It only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

I would jump back in my time machine and head back up to the 21st Century where civilised (work)man has well and truly gotten rid of such archaic sharpening systems......

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Jones
    Good Evening Friends,
    When using a water wheel for sharpening tools it is such a pain to have to fill the reservoir with water and then have to drain after you have finished.

What would you do to simplify this chore?

Respectfully,
    Ralph,

Traditionally, carrying water is woman's work. I think that is a quaint custom which should be preserved in the workshop.

The good thing about that is that a woman is more likely to take care of any minor spills on the way through than her male counterpart.

Cheers,

P

Default WOODWORKING QUIZ ANSWER for 28 AUG 04

Good Evening Friends,
    I don't use my water grinding wheel often enough to keep water in it all the time, but filling it every time can get a little messy. I solved the problem by fastening a tube to the drain plug on the bottom of the wheel pan. Then secured the other end to the cap on a bottle (2Litre), punched a hole in the bottom for it to breath and fastened a wire through the sides near the bottom and placed a hook shape on top, so I could hang it from the ceiling.

When I am done sharpening tools I hang the bottle under the griding wheel and the water drains right back into the bottle and keeps it ready for the next time I need it.

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio