Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Another floor finishing product question.

I've got old (30yrs) cyprus pine flooring that has never been coated. It was under carpet its whole life - has a few gaps but is otherwise nice. I'm looking for something to finish it with. I don't want to use poly for reasons many have mentioned (yellowing - inability to patch - toxic) and was considering Tung Oil though am totally confused by the miriad of interpretations on what this means. I've been told (by a supplier of Livos) that you couldn't use pure tung oil on a floor because it would cost a fortune.

Anyway, I've seen reference to a product called Treatex on this site which looks pretty good. And now I'm tossing up between Treatex and a product by Livos - a search on Livos will bring it up (look at the natural paint place) (they sell it here -http://www.energyandwatersolutions.com.au)

I guess my question is - has anyone used Livos Ardvos Wood Oil (or the Meldos) and what do you think of it.
    And all references to Treatex here I think are for the traditional - has anyone used the ECO and what are your thoughts on that.

Thanks,
    Mike.
    Last edited by RufflyRustic; 10th January 2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added extra info from duplicate post