Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Problem removing blade on.

that dreaded GMC thicknesser, in the info booklet it states turn the small bolts clockwise this was okak on all but 3 of the little buggers, my problem is the last 3 just won't budge and whats more the nasty little GMC spanner with my help has rounded the heads, my question is are the bolts just part of the holder and will still be attached once the blades/holders are removed or do they go right into the cylinder .Col

I had the same problem, only the very last one to undo. I even bouhgt a new sidchrome 8mm spanner . Didn't work. The other blade and blade lock bar came out . Each bar has seven small bolts? that only scew into the lock bar and can be screwed all the way out.
    Geez

I had the same problme, from memory the bolts stay in the cylinder and it is the head that puts pressure on the blade. lots of $%#@^ and couldn't undo the last one. Had undone them a few times without issue prior. Can't rememeber how I undid it, but i think it was a slight tighten then presto it was easy to undo. (Can't guarentee if that was it, but I remember it was something odd, but simple) Yes i know, I should have written it down somewhere.

Went and had another look at it. The bolts stay in the lock bar, and can be removed. When the end bolt got stuck last time I know I tried WD40, better spanners all with no luck. Even tried prying it out and using a small cold chisel to nudge it. Vice grip were too big.

I am pretty sure taht in the end it was a slight tighten, then it came out no probs. Much the same as trying to remove a rusted bolt.

Thanks for that if I can't get them out with a spanner not sure what I will do