Thread: Truss prices

Default Truss prices

Hi Guys/Gals

Does anyone have any idea how much roof trusses are?

I am looking to build a carport approx 6m x 6m with a 22.5 deg pitch.
    I am deciding whether to go for a traditional Rafter/Ridge roof or might investigate a truss roof, depending on costs. I will be using colourbond as the roof lining.

Cheers

Why not talk to your local frame manufacturer. Im sure they could give you a quote.

Trusses should be cheaper overall. I did a carport that size with trusses about 6 years ago and I'm sure they were less than $1000. Get a quote. Just remember that a framed roof will take you ages whereas the trusses will be up in a few hours if you take your time.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Go for trusses, you'll have a place to store stuff. If you can weld/have a welder then I'd suggest make them yourself out of steel, they are not all that difficult to make. I have a shed with the same span. I fabricated the trusses in steel. I used 65x30x2.5 for the bottom cord and 30x30 for the top cords and webbing. I marked out the truss size on the concrete driveway and set up a jig by dynabolting timber blocks to the slab in strategic locations of the truss. I set the jig up so that the bottom cord had a 20mm upward camber, which has not faltered.
    </O
    I also made the columns out of 75mm square x 2mm wall, after I welded the cleats on for the wall purlins I discovered I had a problem, the welding had bowed the columns quite substantially (I think it was out so the sides of the shed would have looked like the sides of a boat), but with a bit of perseverance I got them all straight.