Hi all,

My house was built 3 years ago. The valley gutters are leaking (as well as the roof gutters - but that is another thread) and I want to seal them.

We had the 1 in a 25 year hail storm 2 months a go. The gutters filled with ice, (and half way up the roof line) and the rain come in and has ruined our ceiling. Insurance will fix the result, not the cause, unfortunately.

I have a tiled roof with a 22.5 degree pitch (I think). I would like to seal the valley gutters between the tiles.

Something like this:

) (
(____)

(my ASCII art isn't that good) - Argh!! - Stupid editor, wont allow multiple spaces. Mods, please fix and allow this!!! (picture the 2 )('s joining the other 2 ()'s

And then seal it between the top lip and the tiles.

I have found a site on the web which has such a product. A PVC plastic which sits on top of the gutters and protects them. A fantastic product! But the install wont install it in my valley gutters as he thinks all i need is flushing extenters about 2 metres up on the roof from the gutters.

I have some questions. Do you think:

1. The PVC installer is correct.
2. My solution would work.
3. Your options for sealing my valley gutters.

The above ASCII art would be something like the existing tin, with a slight v in it, and then corregatetdly cut, to suit the corregations of the tiles. The sealed some how.

What do you think?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...