Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default What other uses can I find for a Domino?

After all these months of watching the wonders of the domino, I have started to think I'm going to need one, and SOON.

Now my beloved isn't one to stand in the way of me obtaining stuff like this normally, but we live in strange times.

The Home of the Biting Midge is suffering from those "it's five years since the renovation" blues, and she's started to notice a few jobs aren't quite finished yet, and I seem to be off starting more things not to finish in a few years time! In thirty-three years she's never noticed before!

To make matters worse, our eldest (and last) unmarried daughter plans to tie the knot HERE, in August, so there's heaps of new stuff and maintenance to do.

What I need is assistiance in dreaming up a list of reasons to buy one NOW!

So far, I've tried:

1) I can't tighten the bathroom towel rails because I'd have to buy an allen key, and it's exactly the same size as the one that comes free with the Domino.

2) No we'll have to wait for the mirror frame in the bathroom mirror till I can use a domino on the mitres.

3) Hmm the lawn needs aerating... I wonder how the domino would go doing that?

4) Yes I know I've got to finish YOUR canoe, but those little dominos make ideal epoxy mixing sticks....

5) If only I had one more systainer, I'd be able to tidy the shed and you wouldn't trip on your way to the car.

So come on chaps (and chapesses) what more can a bloke do?

Something usefully related to wedding dresses would do the trick I'm sure!

Cheers,

P (who probably won't have time to use a new domino till 2008 anyway, but needs to start early!)

Midge,

Just do it. There will be some temporary pain when your credit card needs replenishing with funds; but the joy of being able to build stuff quickly will soon preDOMINate.

Forget about the allen key; you only get a small spanner free when you buy a Domino.

Rocker

1) you were suppose to be building a couple rockers?

2) I can borrow it if you have one so as to see what all the fuss is about?

3) Can you put a small brush on the end of it and use it as a tooth brush?

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Just put sex on hold till you get one, works the other way and may work for you
    Iain the Optimist
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Default reasons to buy a domino

Bitingmidge...
    get yer act together man...
    how else yu gonna make that beautiful wedding trunk for your daughter's wedding present...
    and what about the extra wedding prezzy you planned all along - you know - the queen size bed with the 4" legs and the headboard made from a slab of tas blackwood...
    and the 8-place dining table - betty grable legs and top slabbed together from 2100x140x28 jarrah... you NEED a domino for that...
    And the matching chairs - how else ya gonna all those M&T's if ya haven't gotta domino...
    You just GOTTA have a domino to make sure your daughter gets nothing but the best start in her new life...
    (And honey... think of all the new things I can start to make for US and OUR home as soon as our sweetie ties the knot...)
    LOL
    Jedo

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    and I seem to be off starting more things not to finish in a few years time! In thirty-three years she's never noticed before!
    Not a member here is she.

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    To make matters worse, our eldest (and last) unmarried daughter plans to tie the knot HERE, in August, so there's heaps of new stuff and maintenance to do.
    Mate.... after August.... what motivation is there going to be left for you.

(where is that smilie of the grim reaper? )
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.