Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Solar Hot Water System

I am seeking a bit of advice.

I purchased the above and the dealer gave me the name of an installer (who was the previous distributor). He, the vendor, gave me an approximate installatoin cost and said that it was unlikely this bloke's price could be beaten.

I bought the unit and rang this bloke and he said that he no longer did this work and hadn't for 18 months.

I approached the vendor and he said that he would find someone else. Nothing happened and I contacted him again. Same story and same result.

I'm taking about A $5000 Edwards system purchased from a dealer in a major Victorian country town. I realise that installing these things isn't rocket science but, nevertheless, I would be more comfortable if an approved installer did the job.

Would I be unreasonable in contacting Edwards directly and explaining the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Metung View Post
    I am seeking a bit of advice.

I purchased the above and the dealer gave me the name of an installer (who was the previous distributor). He, the vendor, gave me an approximate installatoin cost and said that it was unlikely this bloke's price could be beaten.

I bought the unit and rang this bloke and he said that he no longer did this work and hadn't for 18 months.

I approached the vendor and he said that he would find someone else. Nothing happened and I contacted him again. Same story and same result.

I'm taking about A $5000 Edwards system purchased from a dealer in a major Victorian country town. I realise that installing these things isn't rocket science but, nevertheless, I would be more comfortable if an approved installer did the job.

Would I be unreasonable in contacting Edwards directly and explaining the situation.
    I had one installed some years back paid $3500 after the gov grant with installation. :eek:

The mob who did ours is called Earth to Solar, look in the phone book.

Al

Edwards shouild be able to recommend and installer in your area you would think?

Seems a bit poor that they can sell an item and not have a way of getting it installed. I'd be calling Edwards.

Is it too hard for a normal plumber to do ?
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

They are fairly straight forward to install from what I have seen ... can just be a bit awkward to get it up there! I think Metung was concerned because of the unit price but I think an experienced plumber should be fine.

My thinking was along Gumby's line, I am a bit peeved off that this bloke is selling these things without an approved installer and that he told me what seems to be lies when he recommended the previous agent as an installer.

Go with Gumby

Ring Edwards up. $5000 seems a bit steep for just the unit from memort mine which is as edwards was installed for that price with the grants