Thread: Painting cost

Default Painting cost

Can anyone advise on aprox how much a m2 it costs to paint walls with existing paint in good condition. Just a refresher coat. and also ceilings.
    Also if i wanted to colour change, what could i expect to be charged per m2. Glossing of doors and jams.
    Using dulux 101 wsh and wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCully View Post
    Can anyone advise on aprox how much a m2 it costs to paint walls with existing paint in good condition. Just a refresher coat. and also ceilings.
    Also if i wanted to colour change, what could i expect to be charged per m2. Glossing of doors and jams.
    Using dulux 101 wsh and wear.
    Depends on the total m2 ( I have know tradies to charge more per less m2 because they feel itsa pain to do just a small area), paint you decided to purchase, colours you choose the quaity of tradesman your getting to do the job.
    If doing it yourself then add all the costs of required needs such as drop sheets brushes ladders, rollers, clean up.

All surfaces should be cleaned well firstly using sugar soap.

if changing colour depends on hat colour your covering it may need a number of coats to cover it or a undercoat to cover it firstly.

Lets say about 150m2 of wall and no ceilings. Paint two years old and in good condition 4 doors plus trims, same colour .

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCully View Post
    Lets say about 150m2 of wall and no ceilings. Paint two years old and in good condition 4 doors plus trims, same colour .
    Every job is different, depends on what you want, one coat two coats, call in painters and get some quotes then you will know what you're up for.Painters are not cheap these days.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

I just did some quick calcs and for a room 3 m x 3m x 2.4 high you need 4 lts for the walls and 2 lts for the ceiling and 1 lt for trims approx. thats about $120 or roughly $4 per sq.m of surface.

Then you have labour, brushes etc. I've just painted most of the inside of my house and a 3x 3 room with 2 coats and the ceiling ( two windows and door) would take me 2 x 5 hr days

If a painter charges themself out at $80/hr thats 920 say $1000 or about $28.50 per sq.m.

The bigger the room - the labour hardly changes but paint costs will increase proportionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    I just did some quick calcs and for a room 3 m x 3m x 2.4 high you need 4 lts for the walls and 2 lts for the ceiling and 1 lt for trims approx. thats about $120 or roughly $4 per sq.m of surface.

Then you have labour, brushes etc. I've just painted most of the inside of my house and a 3x 3 room with 2 coats and the ceiling ( two windows and door) would take me 2 x 5 hr days

If a painter charges themself out at $80/hr thats 920 say $1000 or about $28.50 per sq.m.

The bigger the room - the labour hardly changes but paint costs will increase proportionally.
    Cheers < i remember some one said at about $30 per m2 . you were on the mark with your calc. Thankyou