Default Where can you buy extension lead connectors

The ones that stop the leads coming apart.

I've seen them in Bunnings, but any major hardware will probably have them.
    Chris
    ========================================

Life isn't always fair

....................but it's better than the alternative.

When I need to join leads, I just tie the ends in a loose knot and push the plugs together -- stps the problem of the plugs coming apart or loss of power.

Default Knotted leads.

Hi qld,
    Hey I'm with black ned, as I also tie my leads together, reef knot of course, you know, left over right & right over left.
    Better than spending money that you don't need to spend, but could put it towards some other tool or whatever.
    Regards,
    issatree.

Quote Originally Posted by issatree View Post
    Hi qld,
    Hey I'm with black ned, as I also tie my leads together, reef knot of course, you know, left over right & right over left.
    Better than spending money that you don't need to spend, but could put it towards some other tool or whatever.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    A thumb (aka overhand) knot is heaps.
    John

You may need to check out the Asian bargain shops, the big boys seem to want to sell you a longer lead rather than have you use the 2 shorter ones you already have.

I generally use the 'half hitch' method - a quick twist of the cables followed by bending the leads back towards each other & connecting the plugs - its fairly easy to disconnect & doesn't seem to damage the cables. However my mate with a Cat 4 Workplace Safety certificate gives me heaps as you can't just jerk the cord to disconnect it in an emergency - say when you have cut the cord with the hedge trimmer & have 240 using you as an earth.

I have noticed (and have a couple of) types - there are the totally enclosed type which have internal baffles and firmly lock the cables (you can't even see the connectors), and there is one made from a flat cross section bit of plastic that looks like 'c' clip with a notch in each end for the cables - strong enough to hold the cables together normally but in an emergency giving the cable a good pull should break the connection - I used one for years to connect the washing machine cord to a short extension cable that ran over a sink to the power point, but since rewiring the laundry the washing machine & dryer have their own dedicated power points.