Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Fluro moving

Question Fluro moving

Hi all. I need to put a lining wall in of 12mm thick but the fluro on the side wall butts up against it, so there is no room. The power inlet which I see since there is no lining wall there either, is closer to the lining wall side than the other side.

Can I undo the fluro mounting and simply flip it around, so the shorter end is where I want to put the wall? If so, how do I undo the fluro in the first place? Is it the 20 cent sized, grooved white bit in the middle? Is it ok to mess around with the light with the switch on the off position, or do I have to turn all power all at the mains.

This seems such an easy thing, I don't know if I should call my sparky.
    Cheers Brenda.

Brenda the plastic piece with the slot will remove the coverplate of the fluro battern (normally just a quarter turn).
    Inside is the wiring of the fitting and the mounting screws that attach to the wall. Do NOT fiddle with any of the wires if you do not know what you are doing!
    If you want to have a looksee and see what is going on behind the fitting to see if you can move it easily, TURN OFF THE MAINS, remove the coverplate and see where it is attached to the wall... as I said do not touch any of the wiring and if you are in ANY doubt call ya sparky

Cheers
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Thanks JDub, I hate messing with anything electrical. I have a few little power point fixits around to be done too. May as well do a sparky list and give him a call.