Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New TS-55 EQ in the shed!

Well, after so much reading about the joys of the TS-55 and a lot of research and considerable tool envy and my aunt pressuring me to make more cabinets in a hurry and the tax refund in the bank and SWMBO at work today and none the wiser, I brought home a TS-55, extra 1400mm rail, connectors, clamps, etc.

If I keep this up I will soon have nothing to blame for my stuff-ups except me. I will also be in the poor house, but at least I will have the tools to fix it up.
    Cheers,

Bob

Bob You will just love it.

The debates have come and gone with all kinds of bogans, but fact remains the 55 or 75 is just superb. Well done

Forgot to ask - What would you prefere - 2 more Festool routers, 3mt guide rail for the TS55, 10 years supply of Dominos - OR - a St Kilda Priemership

Bob, My other three Circular saws just sit in their cases all alone now. The only saw that may get used for a sec or to is the Dewalt cordless for something real fast free hand when accuracy is not needed. I have to admit I am so glad I purchased the TS55. The 75 was bit heavy to lug around in a small area with the guide and all. I bought the MFT hardware kit and that has a very small guide rail and with the 55 I can cut just about anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    Bob You will just love it.

The debates have come and gone with all kinds of bogans, but fact remains the 55 or 75 is just superb. Well done

Forgot to ask - What would you prefere - 2 more Festool routers, 3mt guide rail for the TS55, 10 years supply of Dominos - OR - a St Kilda Priemership
    My beloved Sainters Premiership, of course!

Just ripped down a sheet for a cabinet using the TS55 and it is the duck's guts! No deflection in the 2 rails connected (thanks ToolJunkieYank for that tidbit), no clamping, no offset, no dramas. I observe the kerf at about 1/16" (what is that in mm?). That sound right?

I think I'm going to now need to build a sortainer plus a holding rack for the rails. Pity.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tooljunkieyank View Post
    Bob, My other three Circular saws just sit in their cases all alone now. The only saw that may get used for a sec or to is the Dewalt cordless for something real fast free hand when accuracy is not needed. ..
    Looks like I'll be packing up the PC Mag. A decent saw but . . . . Yeah, I have a little cordless job for rough stuff too. Not much power but in a pinch.

Too bad, the Mag's only 6 months old and I should have gotten the 55 then. But since I can't bear to part with any tools once I have them, it will find a home in the shed.
    Cheers,

Bob

Bob,
    The systainer ports are expensive and hard to justify at first, but I love them as much as I love the tools they hold. I'm a natural slob and my shop is always a disaster, so the ports really helped me out a lot. For the first time in years, I actually have gotten into the habit of putting the tools back where they belong when it is so convenient in the port.

They are heavy guage steel with good rollers. They are much more rugged than they appear in the catalog.