Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Is this termite track!!??

I was re-organizing my timber at home, a stack of very well seasoned jarrah on bricks, been left there for a year now, when I was looking at the brick, I found this two holes with yellow sand track in in from bottom to top, but when I inspect the timber, it has got no trace of termites attack at all, knock it all and also cut the piece right on it, couldn't find anything either, will it be the termites' attempt? Also I couldn't find any photos showing termites makes their track out of yellow sand?? Please help!!!! I'm kinda worry as I got heaps more jarrah laying like that..... I'm going to have an extremely busy weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure what the WA termites do but based on what we have over here I'd say no, looks more like some other sort of critter has made a home raised some young-uns and then they have all buggered off!
    Termites here will make tunnels that are only about 1/8" in diameter, they move in these tunnels in between food source and nest, a nest can be quite a large lump of mud hanging off a fence post or such, they will also nest underground.

Pete

Not termites, probably ants
    Regards Rumnut.

SimplyWoodwork
    Qld. Australia.

A bit hard to tell without a scale, but if it was around Sydney I'd say it was one of the 'solitary' wasps, the type that collect spiders and caterpillars to lay their eggs on/in.

Bsrlee's suggestion was my first thought. The termite tracks I've seen all had what looked like small sawdust in them.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

I had termites in the garden in Perth ... loved it. Termites seemed so prolific over there that my attitude was 'if they're in the garden at least they're not in the house' lol

Even in sandy soil their tracks were made out of a brown muddy looking substance (eaten wood I presume). Looks like normal ant eggs or the like to me

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art