Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Am I being unreasonable?

I've had an infuriating expeience with a dishwasher from a well known up-market German brand. For the second time in two years, the circuit board has short circuited because a bloody cockroach has used it as a camp site.

Had the serviceman out today to quote $360 to repair it (again). I expressed my amazement that the circuit board wasn't protected by a plastic guard or something similar. His response was to 'go speak to the german engineers'.

Phoned the company - they said it was designed for German conditions (don't they have cockies over there?) and basically tough luck.

I didn't want to pay for the service call till the issue was resolved more satisfactorily but SWMBO handed over $92. and it will be another $360 to repair.

Has anyone else hade anything like this? Be interested to know what others think.

My LG died after a week before warranty ran out, dry joint so board replaced. Another week and I would have been up for the new board.

Looks like the engineer had his timing wrong.

Washing machines from the land of the long white cloud (and the best Sav blanc) are much better designed. They blow their boards after warranty runs out and then keep doing it regularly at about $200 a go plus call out.

Just have to live with the fact white goods are tempory devices these days. If you inhereit on oldy Hang onto it.........

Cockies dont trouble my dishwasher, well maybe a little.

She just stomps on them.

And I dont get the bill for a new circuit every year either.

Al

I'm with Ozwinner - my dishwasher catches cockroaches (especially the nice big juicy ones) to feed to the pets we are baby sitting.

Clean dishes, cockroach free house, lower power bill, a bit less noise pollution and happy tree frogs - definitely no expensive repair bills.
    - Wood Borer

hey Bowdo don't start me

We moved into our new house and got an LG Dishwasher and front loader.

The front loader couldn't take more than 2 towels at a time. After the guy came out and like 4-6 weeks later (to his credit) he replaced pretty much everything except for the frame.

The dishwasher, welllllll had the pump replaced coz it would just stop pumping. THere was a "Manufacturing Fault" apparantly (yeah right) now every 6 or so washes the little sh#@ does the same thing.

Oh yeah I forgot, our 90cm SM$G oven, when shutting down there is a grinding noise from the fan sometimes. It's new too:eek:

The real funny thing is that I picked up an old Grundig (weve always called it a radiogram, radio/record player) from my parents, it's like 40 years old, uses valves, I managed to bounce it a couple of times in the trailer on the way home. Turn it on, sweeeeet works like a charm.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    | .....BIGGER ......._____| | ...BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.
    |_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

I had a Meile tumble dryer which was one of those that collected the water from the clothes in a tray rather than venting out the moist air like normal dryers. It was mounted under a bench but when it was on, you could see condensation behind the control panel. Eventually it burnt out or rusted out and cost hundreds to replace. That happened twice in the space of 4 years so we sold it with the house, since it was built in. I'd never get another one although the Meile D/washer we have here is very good.

The trouble with those expensive brands is the cost of parts. :eek:
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    And I dont get the bill for a new circuit every year either.
    But if you dont treat them right they will blow a fuse and all hell breaks loose
    If I do not clearly express what I mean, it is either for the reason that having no conversational powers, I cannot express what I mean, or that having no meaning, I do not mean what I fail to express. Which, to the best of my belief, is not the case.
    Mr. Grewgious, The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Charles Dickens

Have an AEG dishwasher made in Germany, and and so far ...touch wood... the main hassle (besides not understanding the stupid "international" logos for operation) was a cracked plastic tank. Second real problem was leaking at the tap under the sink, recently fitted by a plumber. I tightened it, changed washers, applied sealant, then changed the hose, but still ruining the new kitchen cupboards. Eventually I got a mirror and a torch attached to my trained snake, and bugger me if the new brass tap doesn't have a leak through the side!:eek: A localised weak spot in the casting, which p%$$es water just above the fitting.
    I guess the tap won't cost much to replace, but shame about the cupboards...
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Other problem is you are stuck with the old model, should be like white goods, swap them when they play up and refuse to do the job?

(don't hit me woman, only joking!!!!!!!)

Anyone seen my medicare card????????

Quote Originally Posted by Slavo
    But if you dont treat them right they will blow a fuse and all hell breaks loose
    They blow their fuses anyway, no matter how you treat them. Something to do with that time of the month,,,,or the weather ,,,,or the tides,,,, or if her aynus is lined up with Uranus ....something like that ....I don't know , :confused: ....

My brother-in-law had a mouse pee on a circuit board in his ducted air conditioning system and was up for a bill of $450.00. The company refused to cover the cost.

Thought I'd let you know I had a very satisfactory resolution from the well known up-market German manufacturer - i pay for labour and they pay for the CB, even though it's out of warranty. Can't complain about that. Deserves a pat on the back for good customer service.

How about $91.00 for replacement foil and cutter for my
    Braun Razor !!!
    p.t.c

Serves yerselves right fer buying imported crap
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Got a NZ fisher P dish drawer and the seal leaked
    Eaten by roaches , they didn't have them in NZ replaced with aussie roach proof seal , but four yrs later wireing failed cause it had gotten wet at some stage , so they took it away and replaced wireing and body as some rust spots had appeared all at no cost to me
    Have a washing m/c same brand and a freezer and no probs had German dishwasher before but never again.

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Russell