Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you faithful?

I have a confession. I'm a philanderer. I frequent other BBs besides this one.

I'm going on the Great Victorian Bike Ride in November. They have a forum to discusss this and other bike type things.
    www.bv.com.au/forums

I've also got an interest in Photography and I'm looking to buy a digital SLR camera. I hang around at

www.dpreview.com
    www.dslrusers.net

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.

Are you monogamous?
    Photo Gallery

Grunt, I pretty much stick to these forums, except for the occasional Google group search for info.

More importantly tho', good luck on the GVBR! I did a couple (in 90 & 91 I think, Stawell to Melb via Great Ocean Road and Numurkah to Melb) and had a ball. Best holiday I've ever had, you will come back energised and full of life.

Cheers mate.................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Grunt check out the Pentax
    http://www.teds.com.au/www/6/1001102..._1005803_.html
    I have one and its great, and haggle the price

Normell
    Every day above ground is a good day

Still drinking & driving, but not at the same time

Thanks Normell,

The Pentax is a great camera but I've decided on the Nikon D50.

I've spent and great deal of time reading reviews and hanging around forums.
    Photo Gallery

Sean,

I'm really looking forward to the ride. This year it's from Swan Hill to Melbourne. I've been in training and I'm fitter than I've been in 20 years.
    Photo Gallery

Good choice of camera, does it come with the extra lens ????
    Normell

Just had a look at a map, it'll be easy, 'cause its all down hill.
    Normell

The lens is a 'Giftback' which means I claim it off the distributor. I have to buy before the 31st of the month.

The lens gets pretty good reviews for a cheapie. http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70300g.htm

The whole world is uphill even the downhill bits.
    Photo Gallery

Grunt, Do you need an SLR? The things are so big and bulky compared to a compact digital camera.....I'd rather lug the lattter around if I was on a bike.

I've got a couple of Pentax SLR's (film) and a Haselblad 500CM....but I hardly ever use them these days. Most of the pics I take now I shoot on a Pentax compact digital...pic quality is pretty good and the thing is just so portable.

Cheers Martin
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Cameras are like tools, you need lots of them!

I made the decision to do away with SLR stuff because it was so big and bulky, have a nice little Canon Pro1 and it's great, provided like all compact cameras you are shooting in good light, and the subject isn't moving all that fast! A DSLR seems inevitable, once I work out what to do with the bulk.

Just like they would have said on the dpreview forums if I'd been lurking there! Then there's Australian Wooden Boats, Trikes Australia, Aus Teardrops, North Brisbane Suzuki 4x4, biketrip, bicycles australia, and the list goes on and on.

If I want to find out stuff, I search forums and get both sides of the biased picture.

This is the only one I post to though!

Cheers,

P

I've got 3 SLRs in the cupboard, 2 Ricohs and a Russian thing that weighs about a kilo!! Don't use them much any more, not really into photography these days. Went through the whole Illford B&W, develop your own, arty farty stuff. We've got a Sony digital compact and a Samsung compact 35mm now for taking photos of the kids! Oh, and my phone has a camera in it so I use it a bit.

The only other place I spend time is http://en.wikipedia.org where I do a bit of editing in the Woodworking project. I joined a cycling forum once to get some info on building wheels but there was too much weird stuff going on for me. Unlike here, where everybody is well balanced and normal like I am.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

In answer to the question: No. I sometimes lurk here:

It covers alot of things I am interested in: science/religion, church/state, polititcs, creation/evolution, media, ... Lots of American members, and very busy:

Threads: 129,530, Posts: 2,759,639, Members: 20,793

(Cf the UBWWF:
    Threads: 21,294, Posts: 204,532, Members: 8,032)
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

Nope. Only hang out here. Does that make me one dimensional? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by normell
    Grunt check out the Pentax
    I have one and its great, and haggle the price

Normell

If you have'nt all ready, check out this site for reviews. I'm off to pick up a Digi today, Pentax Optio 60 6mp, nice cheap 6mp entry level camera.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

As much as anything it's the intellectual/artistic persuit of learning to use an SLR.
    I had a film SLR when I was in my youth. I only got to be 'Ok' at using it. I just couldn't afford to feed it. Digital allows me to take 1000's of shots while I get better at using it.

I have an Olympus point and shoot. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, so next year I'll replace it with a compact P&S. Like Midge says you can't have too many cameras.
    Photo Gallery