Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tecumseh spare parts

I needed a main fuel jet for the 18HP motor on my ride on. The repair shop orderd it 2 months ago and it is still on 'back order' A carby arrived after a 3 months wait. I rang Byform, the Australian licenced importor, and all I really got told that the problem is in the States.

I then decided to use the internet to get one from a retailer in USA. The first site listed the part so I bought it and paid by PayPal. Then I got an email "We can no longer get this part. As you may know Tecumseh is no longer in business and it's very hard to get parts now." I also got a prompt refund.

I then checked 4 more sites asking if they had the part that was listed as stocked in their site. All gave the same sort of response. It is out of stock but we can get it. I asked them to confirm availability and so far 3 have responded that they can get it.

So I will get mowing again in a few more weeks. The point I want to make is check out properly the availability of spare parts if you a looking at buying equipment that is powered by a Tescumseh motor.

If anyone on the forum has more information about the future of such a good motor I would be interested to find out what is the real position.

Great. I've got a T 12hp on my ride on. Sigh....
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Default Tescumseh spare parts

I'm happy now. My search on the internet paid off and I finished up finding 3 USA organisations who could obtain the part I needed. I was even advised by one that there were 4 in stock with their supplier. I ordered through Jasons Lawn & Garden who was the cheapest for both the part and the postage. Jason also has a long list of parts listed on ebay, referenced by Tescunseh part numbers, for immediate purchase. I still don't know what is the future for Tescumseh but for the time being I shoud be up and mowing in 2 weeks.
    John