Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default I can't take the noise any longer!

I have an army of roofers on my roof stripping all the old shingles and tar paper off and laying all new stuff down. Is it possible for them to make any more noise than they already are? I can't hear myself think. Sounds like they are fixing to come right through the ceiling any time now.
    When all is said and done, there is usually a whole lot more said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
    I have an army of roofers on my roof stripping all the old shingles and tar paper off and laying all new stuff down. Is it possible for them to make any more noise than they already are? I can't hear myself think. Sounds like they are fixing to come right through the ceiling any time now.

nip down to your local work safety store and buy some ear plugs.

Here in Australia we don't normally go in for tar paper & shingles method of roofing,
    How long is this taking? Can't you just disappear down to the pub for lunch and stay there until the workers go home, that's what I'd do.
    The people round the corner just had their corrugated iron roof replaced, only took one day to remove and new colorbond iron put on, there 4 blokes on the roof and 2 down on the ground, hardly stopped all day, Ah to be young again. "Colorbond" is a trade name that's why it's spelt without the U.
    Life is like a novel with the last page missing.:doh:

Well, it's done now. But it took an army three days to do the job. The new roof looks fantastic. I went with a new shingle that does not have tabs like regular shingles. They are called 3D architechtural shingles and look like cedar shake from a distance. Supposed to be much stronger than three tab shingles.

My only beef is that I have picked up a half pound of nails out of my yard since they left. Aren't they supposed to do that? Today, I speak with the project foreman and see what he thinks.
    When all is said and done, there is usually a whole lot more said than done.

Tradies that clean up after themselves? Do they exist?

Roof work usually sounds a bit louder because if you are under the roof, its kinda like being in the belly of a percussion drum as they pound on the skin above.
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?