Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Advice On Single Lever Mixer

Hi,

You may have already read my post (revamping bathroom inc shower) in the tiling section that this is related to. As given that it is to do with plumbing I thought it would be best suited here:confused:. I have just used the search facility to see if anyone had ask these questions previously but it appears that there is nothing on single mixers previously mentioned:eek:.

Having just looked at the installation instructions, it stated that heat (brazing) should not be used near the mixer as it would cause damage to the ceramic cartridge and void the warranty. It also advises installing "in-line filters" to ensure a cleaner flow of water:confused:. Is that really necessary?. Is there anything else you think I should take into account prior to doing this task?. I take it is OK to either silver or soft solder any joints (copper pipe) rather than braze?.

Thanks all those who take to time out to share there advice and experience.

Regards
    David

I am not a plumber, just a jack of all trades (handyman) I have installed a few of these, and you should not get any heat near the tap assembly, there are plastic (nylon) parts as well as the ceramic cartridges to consider. I always use the normal connectors with the nylon olives. I have never used an inline filter for these, however you must flush the system before you tile over it, or bits may get into the tap and lodge there.

Quote Originally Posted by workgoose
    I am not a plumber, just a jack of all trades (handyman) I have installed a few of these, and you should not get any heat near the tap assembly, there are plastic (nylon) parts as well as the ceramic cartridges to consider. I always use the normal connectors with the nylon olives. I have never used an inline filter for these, however you must flush the system before you tile over it, or bits may get into the tap and lodge there.
    Thanks for your response workgoose - I will take it on board when I get around to tackling the job.

Regards
    David