Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default This makes me mad as hell.....

Attachment 126308

When I read this newspaper article in Friday's paper it made my blood boil. How dare these American newspapers lecture us on racism. These newspaper editors seem to forget that they live in the country that tried their best to wipe out the indigenous population, gave us the Ku_Klux_Klan, the Chicago_race_riots and beat the carp out of Rodney_King. Of course they made up for all the racist attacks by letting O.J. Simpson go free on a murder charge. Some people may accuse me of dragging up incidents from a black (pun intended) past, but this newspaper article shows that racism is alive and kicking, unlike Brandon McClelland. It didn't take me more than 5 minutes to find these articles on the internet, and there are lots more stories of racism coming from America than Australia. When will the Yanks learn to stop telling the whole world how to live and clean up their own problems?

Apologies to our American brothers and sisters on the forum if I have offended you, but I was really offended when I read this article.
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

That's funny. An ad run by an American company and they use it to brand us racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
    That's funny. An ad run by an American company and they use it to brand us racist.
    I was so peed off when I read the article that the irony escaped me .

That's just the way how the press write, a source of annoyance.
    My mother told me all the time, they are big liars, just like the press did with making a hype of the mexican flu here in Holland.
    Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy John View Post
    When will the Yanks learn to stop telling the whole world how to live...?
    Simple answer... never.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

I spent some time working in the Carribean....Trinidad to be precise. I can tell you that fried chicken is a popular dish in that part of the world. While at work out off the coast of Trini on an American drillship I also noted that fried chicken was on the rigs menu most days. The comment was made by more than one fellow expat that there must have been a KFC shop somewhere down the back of the drillship.

I wonder if the ad had featured a Windie player placating an Australian crowd with meat pies it would be treated as racist?? I very much doubt it.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    I wonder if the ad had featured a Windie player placating an Australian crowd with meat pies it would be treated as racist?? I very much doubt it.
    Maybe you should sell that idea to Mr's Mac's or Four n Twenty

I agree John, its a bit like the Indians having a go at us and one of their newspapers posting a cartoon of a Melbourne cop as a Ku Klux Klansman. From the nation that practises a caste system, effin floggers....
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Don't let it get to you mate, We have to face the facts there will always be racism in all walks of life no matter how we try to pretend it doesn't happen. It is impossible to please all the people all the time, (didn't someone else say something like that?)
    This whole thing will have come about by a minority group of fanatics who love to stir up ill feelings and will certaiinly not reflect the majority of peoples thoughts about the ad. It's not even worth responding to idiots who find ads like that offensive. The ones who find the ad offensive are the racists. They are the ones who see that people are different, black and white, surely if they were not racists, they would not even see that one guy was white and the other is black.
    I'm with you John, I get pee'd off when something like this happens and the media blows it out of proportion in the interest of selling newspapers or increase ratings on tv.
    Calm down John, take a deep breath and count to ten mate. Not worth getting yourself upset over.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Good advice John. I've taken a Bex and had a good lie down and I'm all over it now. It does pi55 me off though that the yanks can't stop telling the rest of the world how to live when they've got so many problems in their own back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy John View Post
    that the yanks can't stop telling the rest of the world how to live when they've got so many problems in their own back yard.
    It's not so much the yanks in general but a small politically correct group of wankers who believe that we should all live like their narrow minded concept of what the world should be. They have no concept of normality.

These wankers are found in all countries and we should not single out the yanks as such.

Peter.

The US has been the great imperial power of the 20C, and along with the inevitable corruptions of power is massive self-delusion.

Next big imperial power will be China. Or I should say neo-imperial since it will exercise world power through economic dominance.

Not sure which country worries me more.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by 1canetoad View Post

Maybe you should sell that idea to Mr's Mac's or Four n Twenty
    Don't you read the other posts before posting your own??? (read my earlier post)..might save a bit of embarassment.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    Don't you read the other posts before posting your own??? (read my earlier post)..might save a bit of embarassment.
    Think you'll find that he was quoting you, but he didn't use the quote wrap around
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

I am sorry I didn't know how to wrap around your quote.
    I was merely trying to say that you might have an idea for a pie ad