Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Lighting requirements for 6m x 7.2m shed

After a recommendation on what lighting I should get installed into the shed I'm buiding.

The shed is actually a 10.8 x 6m (2.4m high at the walls and 2.9m at the highest point). I am partitioning of a 3.6m x 6m room for other use (so ignore that section).

The 6m x 7.2m will be used mostly for woodworking.

The shed will have a couple of polycarb sheets but I guess I should assume I'll be working out there at night so I shouldn't take into account any natural lighting.

How many lights, what type, wattage would you suggest?

thanks
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes1 View Post
    After a recommendation on what lighting I should get installed into the shed I'm buiding.

The shed is actually a 10.8 x 6m (2.4m high at the walls and 2.9m at the highest point). I am partitioning of a 3.6m x 6m room for other use (so ignore that section).

The 6m x 7.2m will be used mostly for woodworking.

The shed will have a couple of polycarb sheets but I guess I should assume I'll be working out there at night so I shouldn't take into account any natural lighting.

How many lights, what type, wattage would you suggest?

thanks
    Brian
    The main workshop in my shed is a partitioned off area of 7.2x7.2, it has 6 double fluoros fairly evenly spaced. As the shed is 3m high on the sides they are suspended from the roof and hang at about 2.7.

You say you are putting in polycarbonate sheets in the roof. Be very selective which colur you put in. The clear polycarbonate has very high heat and light transmission and is not to be recommended. I would suggest the white opal.
    I have some opal fibreglass sheets in the roof and the ones facing west can still be quite glary. Best side to face the translucent sheets is east or south.

There is a thread, started by rsser, about this subject, quite a recent one.

Thanks for the advice on the polycarb. I must admit I have been thinking about whether I really need it or not and have been considering removing it from the plan. I'm having aircell insulation put in so my thinking is that having 2 big polycarb skylights may let in too much heat and reduce the effectiveness of the insulation.