Heres a bit about my deck and patio. Its about 11.4m x 4.2m of deck + two steps all the way along two sides. Decking is Kapur and patio cladding is Laserlite Arctic Ice, framework is all treated pine, patio posts are laminated pine.

I built the deck myself back in December and January (including possibly the hottest week on record between Christmas and New Year when I was busy digging post holes) and had the guys from Allwood timber in Cannington help with the patio, box gutter and step framework which has all come together in the last month. Murray (from Allwood) was really good. He drew up the plans for the deck for free and helped out every step of the way...

I've got plenty of photos since I had a camera on time lapse on most days. At the moment its about 2 coats of oil and a few touchups away from completion.

This is how it all began:

During Construction:

We built the deck around that palm since I liked it so much and I'm really thrilled I did as it has come out nicely as a feature - worth the stabs in the arms, face, body and legs I had to endure whilst working around it:

This is where its at as of today:

I love the finished result (except for oil) - what do you guys think? Next step is replacing the existing door and windows (in the middle) with a set of timber bi-folds. We added a new laminated timber support beam when constructing the patio roof to make removing the existing stuff easier...

More...