Default Need Help-please

Hi,
    Anyone in the Werribee, Melbourne area breaking up a driveway or other largish concrete area.

I am building a earth oven and need some for the foundations. Area 120x120 cm. Height can be preferably up to 90 cm but less is ok as well.

I am happy to come and pick it up, but might be a few trips as I have no trailer.

Can anyone also tell me if I can get a strong ready made mix that will bind those big rocks together. Something I can just mix water with.

I want to do something like this if I cannot get the broken concrete. I have similar rocks. http://www.dacres.org/images/foundationMeg.jpg

Or will I need a proper concete mix. I am not very handy but would really like to make this oven before the end of autumn.

All advice appreciated.

Currently working up a rock wall in Truginina, pretty close to Werribee. New housing estate, lots are averaging 5m3 of rock under every slab. The guy who is contacting the yard cleanup when houses are finished is paying $43 per m3 to dump rock at the crushing plant, more for landfill.

Boss organised a side deal to get a batch of earthworks done with the bobcat and 10m of rock fo $100, and the guy was laughing. He's normally paying about $500 a load to dump rock and us dumb eastsiders are willing to pay him for it 50m away.

Not sure how high/thick you need the wall, but you would be best to pour proper concrete footings with mesh etc if there is any real size to it. Unfortunately our labourers don't look like the one in the piccy, but then we have 200kg rocks in the base of the wall.

We are also working the gaps between the rock a lot tighter, it's just a matter of having a range of sizes and shapes, and picking appropriately. If a gap is greater than about 50mm, fill it with a small rock.

Hi malb,
    yes the gaps do need to be filled.

This site has an example of the broken up concrete I am talking about. Need to scroll through the pics. More nice labourers there as well.

http://thorin.adnc.com/~blogan/oven/

This stuff would make it very easy for me. I would like it to at least 3 feet high but lower is ok.

Even flatish rocks are good. just as long as you can build the foundation up to a flat state.

Just need to be able to make those pizza's to go with all the beer I brew.