Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Where D'ya Getit

Hi Forumsters,
    I've tried searching but I can't seem to narrow "white oil" down to less than 5000 matches. Does anyone know who sells 'White oil', I want to thin some DGE Country Oil with it; and all the paint shops, including Bunnings have no idea.

Also, I'm soon to cut some big branches off a Jacaranda out the back and I'd like to keep a few bits for carving. Whats the best sort of sealer ? Endstop.

Who sells Endstop or alternative in Penrith , Sydney, NSW area?

Hi Barry. The White oil that I'm thinking of is used to control aphids and Mealy Bug on Crotons and other shrubs. You just mix with water and spray it on. Not the same thing as White Spirits tho. If in fact you are actually after 'White Oil, then look in the garden section of Bunnings or a hardware / nursery shop.
    I never forget anything I remember !!

... and garden white oil is easily made from kitchen vegetable oil, a little washing up liquid and water. Shake.

Not sure it'll do your timber any good, but you won't get any aphids.
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.

I'm guessing you don't mean the pesticide.....(but rhancock's recipe is a good 'un).

I didn't know what DGE Country Oil actually is, so I googled and suspect you mean DGE Country Oil. It looks like they sell it with their benches and other timber furnishings, so why not just ask them. It's probably a rebadged product/formulation from someone else but surely they must know if they sell the stuff. (It sounds interesting though.)

Paraffin and other light mineral oils are known as "white oil". You probably need that. I saw a Diggers paraffin at Masters the other day - next to the linseeds.

I am not sure if this is of any help, but I did find this thread:

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f9/whi...ight=white+oil