Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default specks on 2 pac satin

I know that with high gloss you can wet and dry (1200), buff it back, and get a completely unstippled finish free of those tiny dustmarks.

Every second or third job I get back from the painters has very fine dust specks that leave a stipple finish. Not much, and passable in most jobs. But some people are finicky.

If I need to is there a method of smoothing out satin a bit without affecting the finish too much? I put some polish on once and buffed it, but I made the finish a gloss. Wet and dry leaves swirls and fine lines. I tried 1500 with my sander but that left fine swirl marks.

I don't need a perfect speck/stipple free surface. Just a lot better than it is.

I have changed painters about 4 times. So I'm resigned to the fact from time to time I will get this, and occasionally the customer will arc up about it. Time is a consideration, so just sending it back to the painter is sometimes not an option.

Give This Mob a go . I used to get 2 pac gloss doors from them - spot on .They have a very big/good set up and I found their prices good.
    I've just become an optimist . Iv'e made a 25 year plan -oopps I've had a few birthdays - better make that a 20 year plan