Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Compatability

Default Compatability

Help! Some time ago, (years in fact), I varnished a small, bathroom Ash top with Marine varnish. It was fine, but recently, I cut it back with 320 and repolished it with Watties satin finish. It looks O.K. but we decided that we preferred a Gloss finish. I have some high gloss, but it is Feast Watson. My question is, Will the Feast Watson take on top of the Watties, which is a different recipe altogether? If anyone has had experience of this I would be glad to hear from them.
    Thanks.
    Dennis.
    The collecting of facts is not the gaining of wisdom, or even knowledge; knowing that the earth is round does not prevent our falling off the edge of it.

Default Try doing a small test

Dennis,

The only way to tell is to do a small test maybe on the edge or apron of the table, be sure you first clean the coating, and being its a gloss sheen, you need to remove the gloss with a 4/0 steel wool pads, and then clean up the coating again, and then apply the gloss varnish.

If you really want to test the new coating for adhesion, you can use the old stand by "cross hatch test". its low tech test, but it works.

Good Luck.