I am in the process of plastering the ceiling under the extension I have built which will become the kitchen/dining room. I have used CSR Superceil 10mm glued and screwed. As you can see by the framework the trusses change direction so I would be creating a patchwork job if to use the rule of 90 deg offset to fixing. Given the Superceil can span 600mm (truss space the same) It didnt really which dierection i put up so I chose the one which minimises the joints. I am now in the process of joining them and I have bought the good ol CD from Bunnings which shows the way to do walls. I am using the perforated paper tape and using the premixed total joint cement as base coat 2nd coat and topping coat for the final.

I found laying a base coat between the joins and then putting the paper on follwed by a thin coat using 100mm worked o.k but I had to cut the paper and put in a couple of new ones as i got a couple of bubbles. Is is best to wet this tape first?? as it doesnt seem too absorbent.

I then used the good old orbital sander (to create a dust storm and a half :doh:) and the joins look pretty good and I have ended up with a flush finish. I was looking at painting over them but now on closer inspection going to finish off with a curved join using a 250mm curve.

I am using a plastic 250mm curve knife and note they are quite flexible should I use this at 90deg to get the curve or more like 45 deg? just using the 45deg doesnt get enough of the plaster over the joins as it spreads. Or should i do a couple of coats?

Here are some pics of the job.

Attached Thumbnails

More...