Default ACCC and discounting prices

Not sure where to post this
    Has anyone seen the ruling by the ACCC against Navman
    A statement issued today by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) said navigation equipment supplier Navman Australia Pty Ltd and its employees were engaged in resale price maintenance, where a supplier prevents or discourages retailers from discounting the price of their goods.
    Navman admitted it tried to ensure dealers did not sell its marine products for less than a benchmark price and that it had cut off supply to some retailers who did not comply with requests, the ACCC said."

Surely this is Festool to a T maybe cheaper prices are just around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Not sure where to post this
    Has anyone seen the ruling by the ACCC against Navman
    A statement issued today by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) said navigation equipment supplier Navman Australia Pty Ltd and its employees were engaged in resale price maintenance, where a supplier prevents or discourages retailers from discounting the price of their goods.
    Navman admitted it tried to ensure dealers did not sell its marine products for less than a benchmark price and that it had cut off supply to some retailers who did not comply with requests, the ACCC said."

Surely this is Festool to a T maybe cheaper prices are just around the corner
    Dont hold your breath on that, the ACCC have been investigating petrol price fixing for 20 years that I know of, and nothing is ever done about it.

Not that the oil companies would do such a thing of course..

I dont know the Festool story but the alleged behavious by Navman is clearly illegal. They got caught.

I assume Festool is imported. Im having the same issue with a Wagner Safe-T-Cutter. Dont want to pay the local street price (AUD139) for what is $80 imported with post etc.
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Pfeil's a bit like that over here, there's only one store (chain store) that Pfeil sells to, and thats that. I went looking on the internet to see if there were any better deals to be had and I found woodworking tool websites on the other side of the pond that said due to agreements with Pfeil only Woodcraft could sell Pfeil in the US and they wouldn't even list US prices for Pfeil tools on their website because they couldn't/wouldn't sell to customers in the US.

Luckily Woodcraft is pretty reasonable on Pfeil, better than most places from what I hear, and they occationally have good sales. Right now they have if you buy $100 worth of Pfeil tools they give you a $25 woodcraft gift card, thats a right sharp deal. Pity I already bought mine.
    Wood. Such a wonderful substance.

Don't Apple do the same thing with iPods (price fixing) ?

The beatings will continue until morale improves.