Thread: metal deck post

Default metal deck post

Does anyone know where i can buy the metal stair railing support from(brisbane) as the current one is rusty at the botom and making the railing lean.It is basically a straight piece of metal with a T piece at the bottom for fixing/bolting to the deck.m

Hi Jason

It's a bit hard to tell exactly what you need from the pic, but I generally get all my steel posts and brackets etc from scott metals in wooloongabba 33915999. Give them the measurments or take the old one in and they should be able to make it up in a day or two. If you get it galvanised it will last better.

Regards julian

Post deck posts

Hi Jason,

If you don't have any joy in Brisbane then you could try Hans steel out here in ipswich. Phone number is 3281 3055. Or the haggarty group on 3281 8144. Both of them have good reputations here in ipswich. I have recieved prices for different parts of our deck that we plan to start work on next year and I will be using both suppliers as one is a manufacturer and the other a supplier so prices are alway pretty good.

Jason, I use 2 places.

1. Scott Metals. I use these guys the most because they are convenent for work. I normally just fax a sketch of what I want and then given them a call to discuss. http://www.scottmetals.com.au/
    2. Brisbane post and beams (northside). These guys are close to home and I use them for anything around the house.
    Specializing in O positive timber stains