Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Treated Pine

Default Treated Pine

Hope you can help. I'm replacing some treated pine boards on a deck rail 140mm x 35mm. The deck is about 20 years old and these boards are smooth - not like the very finely reeded type that seems to be prevalent nowadays. Is there anywhere I could get smooth boards. I live in Melbourne, Bunnings don't seem to stock them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MF3106 View Post
    Hope you can help. I'm replacing some treated pine boards on a deck rail 140mm x 35mm. The deck is about 20 years old and these boards are smooth - not like the very finely reeded type that seems to be prevalent nowadays. Is there anywhere I could get smooth boards. I live in Melbourne, Bunnings don't seem to stock them.

Thanks
    If you look closely, you'll find that they are smooth on one side and ribbed on the other. Just turn them over.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

MF is talking about laser cut timber, not decking.I don't know anywhere off the top of my head, but you could take it somewhere to be dressed.

Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Tools View Post
    MF is talking about laser cut timber, not decking.I don't know anywhere off the top of my head, but you could take it somewhere to be dressed.

Tools
    Ah yes, sorry about that, so he is.

That could be sanded off pretty easily but it's there to help with natural warping so i'm not sure if it's a good idea.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Bought some DAR a few years back from H Waterhouse & Son Pty Ltd, Healsville-Kooweerup Rd Woori Yallock. Excellent prices !

Also bought some from Demak, Canterbury Rd Heathmont. Comment from their website www.demak.com.au is that the Rougher Head product can be dressed at their Ferntree Gully Branch.