Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Waterproofing bathroom

Continuing with my bathroom reno and I am getting close to the waterproofing stage. Planning to do it myself. All I know is that I should seal all joints with a flexible sealer and then apply two coats of the waterproofing. Can someone give me some tips an if possible recommend a waterproofing product. Can't see why I should pay someone $600 to apply a couple of coats of waterproofing. But there might be more to it and I am interested to find out. thanks

The only reason I could think of paying a professional to do it is at least you will have a guarantee that if it fails you can get them back to fix it. I can tell you one thing is that it can fail.

Don't think you'd be paying $600 for a bathroom. I just had a bathroom w/p last week. Full floor and a shower for $250 in polyurethane. plus a certificate. Cheapest insurance you can get.

Cheers
    Michael

The guarantee would be the only justification for getting the professionals. But on the other hand I've got burnt a few times with guarantees and do you really think that a tradesman will come and rip out all the tiles and start again? Anyway I think I will end up getting a pro to do it. Can you recommend anywone in Sydney? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    The guarantee would be the only justification for getting the professionals. But on the other hand I've got burnt a few times with guarantees and do you really think that a tradesman will come and rip out all the tiles and start again? Anyway I think I will end up getting a pro to do it. Can you recommend anywone in Sydney? thanks
    yep, if you use a reputable company, and if they don't, you have the building authority to enforce it.