Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Metal door kits available?

Hi Need to make doors to cover openings on the side of the house. I dont want any fixed panels, one side is the fence boundary the other is the house brickwork.

One gap is 1.5m wide the other around 2m. (so 2x1m & 2x0.75m if opening too wide for a large door)

I have seen doors made from a steel frame with fence palings screwed into it. The steel frame has been cut to size and the pipes just slot into each other and held in place with screws..

Anyone know where I can source one of these kits? Or any alternative suggestions

Bunnings sell these frames
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Excellent found em..

Ok additional question, I have a 1500mm opening and an planning to install a single gate (1650mm high metal frame) to cover the whole opening. I'll just use picket type planks with gaps to screw into the frame.

It has infrequent use and I want the entire opening to be available so hopefully I can get through with a bobcat.

The two hinges ont the gate will mount to the brick wall on the side of the house with dynabolts and the other end will lock into a timber fence.

Any potential issues here. ie strength of brick wall, too much weight?
    Last edited by Bobby Brown; 8th October 2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo