Default Rounded Deck Corner

Hi
    Just planning out a small 3x2m low deck to cover an unpaved (surrounded by brick) rectangular area of my courtyard that used to be grass. I plan to use jarrah reeded decking and a treated pine structure underneath then run jarrah decking down the sides to the ground to hide the pine structure - nice and neat.

Problem is that one corner of the unpaved area is rounded (has a curve) so I'm not sure how to deal with this? It would be straight forward if I wasn't doing the "sides" down to the ground as I would just run the decking out further and cut in an arc with a jigsaw.

Any ideas?

Ta

What about doing the curve in multiple straight segments?

We did a similar thing on one corner of our deck - it was a large curve made up of 3 segments (I think), also with boards on the side.
    Cheers.

Vernon.

Yonnee is offline Trailer Bloke & Mild Mannered Moderator

I would either do it in multiple short straight sections, giving you sort of a curve, OR, (this is the tricky one...) rip some of the jarrah into thin slices and glue/screw it round the curve.
    Too many projects, so little time, even less money!
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds! Doing work around the home? Wander over to our sister site, Renovate Forum, for all your renovation queries.

Cut your top decking to match the curve and the front board either do it as segments or cut the back out of it and screw and bennd it around...Depends how tight the curve is and how long the board you have to bend is...longer the better and if you can get it back onto the straight section again it will hold better....

Cheers Utemad