Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: storing wax

Default storing wax

Hi all
    I have a couple of bottles of shellawax and bottle of Glow. But all bottles the finish seems to have separated. Even if I shake the bottles doesn't help.
    I am wondering if It's anything to do with storage. I have a color bond shed which does get pretty warm.
    Are the products damaged beyond repair?
    Also the tub of EEE and traditional wax, have a clear film on top of tug he product, Do I Just stir it in, remove it or bin the whole lot

Store them in a cool place. The shed can and will melt most waxes on a hot day.

The Shellawax & Glow will seperate when left to stand for a long time. There is nothing wrong with this and a good shake will bring it back in a few seconds. If they have what appears to be a waxy lump floating in the middle of the bottle you will need to shake them VIOLENTLY to mix them back together. They should be fine but make sure they are well shaken. Most people have no idea how to shake something really hard and think that a limp wristed flip flop a few times is shaking. It's not.

As for the waxes. Below is what is printed on the lids of EEE sent to USA. The same info applies for Traditional Wax:

THIS IS A WAX.
    WAX MELTS IN EXTREME HEAT
    SO KEEP IT COOL!

To fix melted EEE put container in hot water to melt contents, when melted stir with non
    metal stirrer until mix begins to cool & thicken or the abrasive may drop out of the mix.

To rejuvenate hard EEE do the same as above but, add a small amount of mineral turpentine.

DO NOT leave rag inside jar.

Please ensure the lid is always securely fastened.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.