Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking read it and weep

Weep tears of laughter or sorrow...hard to decide! As a school teacher here in Australia I often wonder where our society is heading in terms of values, education standards etc...then I read this blog and I feel all better...NOT!

Im so0o hyper!!! lol wellz today I went 2 skewl had ta take sum dumb test that took like 3 hours *bleh!!* after skool i got ta see brandon (my sxy *****!!) and some other friends~ at like iunno 7? i went dwn ta the park ta see who was all there and i was like OMG cuz Carl and traves were dwn there i havent seen them in like iunno 5 monthz it was kewlness!! of cours i got there numbers n all that good stuffz ta stay in touch n thass about it! lol fun huh? so0o sense i told you boutz muh pretty boring day im going to go crah upstairs Peace Outz

Jeeees...can you butcher a language more? I've seen 6 year olds write better! :eek:

Damian
    Last edited by RETIRED; 29th April 2005 at 05:18 PM.

I don't understand why you would type "Monthz" as apposed to "Months" .... its the same number of letters and the "z" and "s" are almost next to each other .... its actually further to get to the "z" from the "h".
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot
    .... its actually further to get to the "z" from the "h".
    There's your mistake, you're trying to use logic.....so unkewl dude.
    Dan

I don't understand
    Maybe you answered your own question there....
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

My worry is that I DID understand. Am I going through my 2nd childhood?
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

That should keep the spelling Nazis happy for a while.

Al

Itz a reel wurri wen tha yunger ones dont speek or rite proper
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

two rite goomby
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I remember years ago when I was in the good ole US of A an advert on the side of a bus that was offering a sort of bastardised shorthand, it something like 'u cn lrn sht hnd n jst 2 wks' underneath someone had scrawled in the mud and grime 'FK NXN'
    Made my day but I wonder where (or should that be wear, ware, were) it is going.
    Having said that both my girls can read and write and the youngest delights in homophones.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I'm having problems with my 4 1/2 year old at the moment. She's only in kindy and SWMBO got called into the teachers office the other day. It seems my daughter is bored at Kindy, (she was expecting to do some maths and english) but she is the only kid in the class who can hold a pen properly, write her name, count to 20, recite the alphabet and structure sentences.

The educational "expert" has assessed her as quite the norm just miles in front of her peers and wanted to know what home education she had had. The Missus and I laughed. You see our kids have heaps of books, we read to them every day and answer their questions. Discipline is fairly strict in our house and we are big on manners but apart from that we don't push our kids at all.

I'd like to know what the other kids have been doing??. In the mean time the school is trying to decide wether to put her up into the pre-school class. Makes you wonder if my girl has "quite normal" aptitude then what is going on out there in the general community.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

These kids, besides their crazy new words like cool, hyper, ta, iunno, cuz etc ( I heard a 70 year old use 'cool' the other day ) are spelling their words as they say them ( phonetics ). To a person for whom English is my 4 th laguage, I have always felt that the English have no correlation between spelling and pronouncuation. ( Well very little ). I used to be fluent in 7 languages and in all of them, except english, you spell as you say it. The worst offenders of bad spelling and sometimes even the use of the english language seem to come from the UK, as is bourne out by some posts on this bulletin board.

Maybe these kids are initiating a new universal language. It seems to kind of go with the sms messages that they constantly send. Maybe it their way of putting accross the emotions, as they seem to sms more than what they speak.

A language revolution, like the power tool/ darkside revolution of the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by vsquizz
    I'm having problems with my 4 1/2 year old at the moment. She's only in kindy and SWMBO got called into the teachers office the other day. It seems my daughter is bored at Kindy, (she was expecting to do some maths and english) but she is the only kid in the class who can hold a pen properly, write her name, count to 20, recite the alphabet and structure sentences.

The educational "expert" has assessed her as quite the norm just miles in front of her peers and wanted to know what home education she had had. The Missus and I laughed. You see our kids have heaps of books, we read to them every day and answer their questions. Discipline is fairly strict in our house and we are big on manners but apart from that we don't push our kids at all.

I'd like to know what the other kids have been doing??. In the mean time the school is trying to decide wether to put her up into the pre-school class. Makes you wonder if my girl has "quite normal" aptitude then what is going on out there in the general community.

Cheers
    Squizzy. How dare you try to educate your child?

The TV is for baby sitting kids so that they keep out of your way. Didn't you know that?

Books are used for standing on to get to the biccy barrel. Didn't you know that?

When they get to be teenagers, if they annoy you you get a bigger house so that they have their space to do what they want or you give them money to spend so they go out and you don't have to worry about them. Don't you know that?

Strict discipline? You are supposed to say "don't do that Johnny or Betty" and never follow up with punishment. Don't you know that?

I knew all this and wouldn't allow my kids any of it. Harsh maybe but they all have a uni education, hold down responsible jobs, aren't alchoholics or druggees and actually respect other people.

I'm with you Squizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by

I'm with you Squizzy.
    Me too!

And I thought we were the last ones standing that thought like that!!

We have three lovely people who appreciate all that went into raising them to be independant...right up to the time we ran away from home!

I apologised to them each on their 21st birthday for not letting them play computer games... and by then none of them thought that was unreasonable!

Cheers,

P

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Me too!

We have three lovely people who appreciate all that went into raising them to be independant...right up to the time we ran away from home!

I apologised to them each on their 21st birthday for not letting them play computer games... and by then none of them thought that was unreasonable!

Cheers,

P
    Totaly agree with all the self help, stand on you own two feet approach.
    Instead of the, ooooohhhhhh, when is the government going to do something for me thing. Loosers.

Al

Squizzy. How dare you try to educate your child?
    Sorry about that...silly me..quick turn the simpsons on and call your Dad by his first name (Now that would have incurred the flogging of a lifetime )

Thats the thing, its us not the kids that are to blame.

Instead of the, ooooohhhhhh, when is the government going to do something for me thing. Loosers
    Article in the West Oz paper today with one of the builders saying there is no excuse for any able bodied western australian to be unemployed as the building game is screaming for people. Oh my god...Not the building industry...Oh dear..I might actually have to work, get dirty and only earn double the dole in a week if I'm a real dunce...I really don't think its worth it so I'll wander off to Centreclunk, fill out my forms and then have a cappaccino with my mates while we complain about the Howard Government bullying us poor unemployed.

Apologies (for the sarcasm) to those generally down on their luck and looking for a job.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}