Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: G'day

Default G'day

G'day folks,

First day on the forum, originally from Scotland have been living for the past 25 years in England.

I've just about completed my new workshop and have begun fitting it out with tools, amazingly the tgood lady wife has given her support, at least she'll know where I am most of the time I suppose.

I was directed to the site because I believe one of your forum members could have information to my current dilemma. I wish to use a dado head cutter on my table saw but the arbor has been designed to only take a single blade.

I have been reliably informed that 'Soren' from this forum has successfully acheived this on his own Jet cabinet saw. I was therefore hoping he or someone who knows him could ask him to get in touch.

Anyway folks, now that I have found you I hope to be an active member of the forum.

Regards

David

I Haven't the answer to your question.....but welcome on the forum!!!
    Ciao,

ALESSANDRO

Default G'day

Thanks Alessandro for the welcome. Being at bit of a technophobe I have noticed your forum is a little more intricate than the one I normally use at home, so forgive me if I am a little clumsy at my attempts at posting or interacting.

What I have found is that the chaps on the forums are very hel[pful and knowledgeable and willing to offer advice, particularly to duffers like me. No doubt it will be the same on your side of the world. It's kind of reassuring when someone goes out of their way to help others, that sort of service seems to be in short supply now a days but not amongst wood workers it would seem.

Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by bluekingfisher View Post
    Thanks Alessandro for the welcome. Being at bit of a technophobe I have noticed your forum is a little more intricate than the one I normally use at home, so forgive me if I am a little clumsy at my attempts at posting or interacting.

What I have found is that the chaps on the forums are very hel[pful and knowledgeable and willing to offer advice, particularly to duffers like me. No doubt it will be the same on your side of the world. It's kind of reassuring when someone goes out of their way to help others, that sort of service seems to be in short supply now a days but not amongst wood workers it would seem.

Regards

David
    Sure,
    all woodworkers are a part of the same family!!
    Sorry for my English!!!
    Ciao,

ALESSANDRO

Welcome aboard

Thumbs up

G'day BK and welcome to the shed.

Default G'day

Thanks you blokes, you see, I'm even starting to sound Austrailian. I just wish we had your weather right now. It's getting wild and windy here, still, a good reason to get into the workshop.

Have a good weekend fellahs!

Welcome to the forum.

Default G'day

Thanks Christos

Hi and welcome aboard. You may get more response from your question in another part of the forum. This is just the welcoming part of the show and not all member read this part all the time. I would post your question Here and I am sure you will get some answers. I am not sure if it can actually be done but will be interested to see what replies you get. I have a single blade TS and have often wondered the same thing.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Seems like someone else had the same question but not for the JET but it may give you some inclination as to possibilities. Read this thread
    Cheers John

Default Arbor

Hi munruben,

Thanks for posting this through.

Hopefully I have overcome my problem, I managed to find a chap on ebay who is a dealer for JET in the US. The saw I have is the same as a saw sold in the states with the exception of the model number and the fact theirs has an dado arbor as standard.

He has quoted me $63US about 40quid for the arbor, flange, couple of arbor nuts and some washers plus the postage from America. I figure that is a good deal.

I just need to find the time now to set aside for removing and replacing the new arbor.

Thanks mate

David

Thanks for the info David. I'm sure some of the forumites will be pleased to hear that too. Unfortunately I have the saw in the thread I directed you to earlier and no such modification is available for it. . Oh well I've managed for years without a dado blade so what I've never had I wont miss.
    Cheers John

Default Dado head

Transaction completed so hopefully the spares will arrive in a few days.

To be truthful though, I have no idea when I'll get around to fitting it. I have just built a new workshop and busy fitting it out. I've been saving my pennies for about 4 years since I moved to the house I am now in I have broken the piggy bank and bought a host of new (new to me) to put in it. As well as the Jet tablesaw I have in the past couple of weeks purchased from ebay the following, 6" planer, 12" disc and belt sander, dust extractor (all Jet) and a radial arm saw and mitre saw. I've been incredibly lucky with all of them, they look like new. The radial arm has a couple of nuts and bolts missing so will have to source them and set it up (which I've never done before) Then plumb in the dust/chip extraction system. So as you can see plenty to keep me busy.
    To cap it all, the good lady wants a bedroom make over so I guess the prioirty for the minute is the makeover. If she's happy I can spend as much time as i like pottering around in the shop. Well almost as much time as I would like!!!