Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu

Default Flu

Radio is alive with the horse flu epidemic its stopping all horse races in NSW. presonally who cares

Now didn't a heap of bus drivers have days off for flu symptoms and they copped it from every angle.

Human acceptance we care more for animals then ourselves.

What with bird flu, kennel cough

humans describe our illness as
    Sick as a dog
    horse
    lame as a duck
    blind as a bat

At the risk of getting flamed I hate horses and if they all disappeared off the face of the earth it wouldn't worry me.

That would mean there would be no horse floats on the road and the idiot drivers that pull a double horse float with two horses in it with a Holden Commodore and hold all the traffic up on the highway travelling at 60 kms/hr.

And not far behind them are Victorians pulling huge caravans heading for Queensland during the winter.

Oh dear.............

does this mean the price of Big Macs will increase
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

It means an "industry" will be in strife.... It always intrigues me that a pastime which exists solely for the purpose of gambling can be called an "Industry"

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    does this mean the price of Big Macs will increase
    Nah, We've always got the roos
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    Nah, We've always got the roos
    I'm actually surprised at how good they taste. Is it so wrong to eat our coat of arms?

Damn greenies overseas banning roo imports, treating us as if we're bashing baby seals to death.

I'm sure it would make our farmers happy if more people would give it a go. There's a whole untapped industry there since they're being overrun by the buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Now didn't a heap of bus drivers have days off for flu symptoms and they copped it from every angle.
    I don't want to nag but the bus drivers taking sickies may have had more to do with their unions current wage negeotiations than being sick , in Sydney at least.

What with bird flu,
    Dosen't worry me i'm a bloke.
    kennel cough

humans describe our illness as
    Sick as a dog
    horse
    Ugly cow
    lame as a duck
    Have the ducks disease
    walks like a duck
    blind as a bat
    Frog in your throat
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_White View Post
    At the risk of getting flamed I hate horses and if they all disappeared off the face of the earth it wouldn't worry me.

That would mean there would be no horse floats on the road and the idiot drivers that pull a double horse float with two horses in it with a Holden Commodore and hold all the traffic up on the highway travelling at 60 kms/hr.

And not far behind them are Victorians pulling huge caravans heading for Queensland during the winter.
    Unfortunately, last time I checked, horses didn't have much say on how, where and when they were floated and whether they were owned by by idiots or not Same goes for other animals that are now feral or cause problems, animals just do what animals do, at the root of the problem is always a two-legged animal.

Cheers
    Michael

especially when using New England and heading up Moonbies and Ardaglen from either side or out to Gunnehdah

Quote Originally Posted by pawnhead View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how good they taste. Is it so wrong to eat our coat of arms?

Damn greenies overseas banning roo imports, treating us as if we're bashing baby seals to death.

I'm sure it would make our farmers happy if more people would give it a go. There's a whole untapped industry there since they're being overrun by the buggers.
    Roo Ray licks lips LOML cooks it often aunt used to be wholesaler also Emu and Crock but haven't had them for ages $$
    Its better than Scotch Fillet and free of cholesterol fats etc Heart Foundation aprroved

As for coat of arms hey there's plenty roaming free in the top paddock of some poor farmers place and he has just allowed shooters to go out and kill em for fun. Then down the highway and byways there's road kill no one cares about them.

Oh Roo is on menu I believe at many a dinner down at Duntroon

stirke me over with a cricket bat

This isn't flu its retribustion for the AGC's stand on World Childrens get together when the Pope comes.

Then again all the donation plates are going to be light on and preists are going to have less time listening to sins of gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    Unfortunately, last time I checked, horses didn't have much say on how, where and when they were floated and whether they were owned by by idiots or not Same goes for other animals that are now feral or cause problems, animals just do what animals do, at the root of the problem is always a two-legged animal.

Cheers
    Michael

Well said Michael. I agree entirely.

But I do agree with Barry about the idiots towing caravans.

For heaven's sakes you idiots, pull over every time you collect 30 cars behind you and let them pass, then you can get back on the road and collect another 30 and so on. But at least keet it at 30

Default flu (and other hijacked things)

I am a (sometimes) caravanner and I ALWAYS watch my mirrors which puts me in a minority group.
    I always pull off the road to let faster traffic overtake whenever it is safe thereby looseing speed which is a big problem as I drive a diesel Tojo.
    Do you know what pisses me off? It's the fact that about 1% of car drivers thank me. It might surprise you when I tell you that 99% of truck drivers do acknowledge me.

Barry Hicks

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Agree to a point but I tow a double and sit on the speed limit and get really off when some wanker overtakes me on the freeway while I'm travelling at 110kph then pulls in front and slows to 90kph then cracks it when I pass at 110kph again.
    On hilly winding roads I am very much aware of who is following and pull over at every available opportunity, which is more than I can say for some sight seeing tossers in cars that are capable of higher speeds and have no regard for those behind them.
    Go for a drive down the Great Ocean Road if you want an overdose of idiots.
    Having said that, I have seen a lot of horse owners who are so up themselves they are oblivious to anyone around them.
    NOt going to flame you Barry but some of us are responsible and act accordingly.

Edit not a Coomodore or Falcon, just a humble Landcruiser GXL which has the guts to pull and stop safely
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.