Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: flooded again

Default flooded again

Well got home tonight to find the drive way under 4"of water apened up the garage door to see all my timber and some tools under water.
    The anoying thing is that i had $300 worth of ply cut and waiting to be put together, plus heaps of mdf, melamine and ply off cuts.
    Now i have to go through the pain of dealing with the insurance company for them to cough up with some thing reasonably for the off cuts
    how would i go about estimating a value to put on it.
    Tools thats another thing smcs, cordless drills, planes, chisels that were all awaiting to be placed ito the new workbench im making.
    Doesnt life suck

Quote Originally Posted by Guy
    Well got home tonight to find the drive way under 4"of water apened up the garage door to see all my timber and some tools under water.
    The anoying thing is that i had $300 worth of ply cut and waiting to be put together, plus heaps of mdf, melamine and ply off cuts.
    Now i have to go through the pain of dealing with the insurance company for them to cough up with some thing reasonably for the off cuts
    how would i go about estimating a value to put on it.
    Tools thats another thing smcs, cordless drills, planes, chisels that were all awaiting to be placed ito the new workbench im making.
    Doesnt life suck

Guy that sux big time. I copped it but not as bad as you. It pizzed down so hard i had to put the ear muffs on as the noise on the roof was hurting my ears. Hope your tools are ok, but dont you wish you had of bought some marine ply in this situation

The ply is exterior Melapi ply cost $140 a sheet. problem is i have no where to put the sheets as the house is already full of wood. Good thing is i guess i dont have anyone to nag me to tell me it belongs in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guy
    The ply is exterior Melapi ply cost $140 a sheet. problem is i have no where to put the sheets as the house is already full of wood. Good thing is i guess i dont have anyone to nag me to tell me it belongs in the garage
    At least you have your prioritys right and know where the the propper place is to store timber.

Can see how you finished up with the water, we had gone for a walk down at Williamstown and were 3km from the car so finished up walking in the downpour. Was as heavy as some tropical storms I've seen in Malaysia.

Good luck with the insurance.

Rotten luck Guy, you have my sympathies; bad enough to lose the wood (esp that expensive Melapi), but to lose the tools as well. Burger!!

Cheers!

Guy,

I survived OK but I have had my shed flooded a couple of times and I know how bad the knot in your stomach and the lump in your throat feels when you first see it all.

I am very sorry to hear of the flooding and I hope everything turns out for you.

Keep you chin up - there is always someone else worse off. (please remind me of that next time my shed floods).
    - Wood Borer