Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rose given methodone, not cough medicine

What did a beautiful little 6 year old girl do to deserve a mother like that? Some people should not be allowed to breed. Makes me sick...

Maybe it's just because we came close to losing our little girl (same age) three months ago but this kind of thing really upsets me.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

I don't think I can comment on this topic without getting a permanent ban from the BB.

string 'em up.
    Zed

How is the girl?
    Didn't hear the story but know that people on that would not give it away at any cost; even when wasted they still know how much methadone they have if they are given takeaway doses. (It's their lifeblood, Unless she was using tranquilisers as well and if she was then she shouldn't have had a child in her care.)
    It doesn't make sense. You may think these people have no idea but when it comes to their methadone, they are sharp.

I think something more sinister must have occured than a silly mistake.
    Mick

avantguardian

She's dead. Mother and boyfriend have been arrested and charged with murder. Autopsy found enough methodone in her stomach to kill an adult. Mother claims the methodone was in a Dimetap bottle and given by mistake over a couple of days. Little girl said it tasted funny but took it anyway.

A son was also admitted to hospital - police alledge also with a methodone overdose.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Another thing that drives me bananas every time is those single mums who have 6 kids with 6 different fathers. Where the hells my tax money gone? :mad:

Sorry where were we?

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    Sorry where were we?
    Wondering what we could have done to help if we had been near... wondering if we would have had the guts to step in and do something even if we were near enough... wondering if publicising this will help other people not make the same mistake.....

RR
    (very saddened by hearing this [edit] news report not what has been said by other members]

Apparently two of her older brothers were taken into foster care a year before she was born. She was the subject of two reports to DOCS. Slipped through the cracks.....

Why did she have methadone at home anyway. My understanding of the system is that they go to the chemist and get given ONE dose, which they take in front of the pharmacist. I was under the belief that you were NOT able to get take out. Also, why would you take it out of the brown bottle it comes in and put it into a Dimetap bottle. The story stinks if you ask me. :mad:

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

They had 2 litres of it stored up from prescriptions. Probably to sell. They were also charged with possession of a commercial quantity etc...

If the program hasn't changed and they did not get the 'done illegally, then the pharmacist has got something to answer for then.

Also, I don't think they'll win a murder trial. Manslaughter for sure but not murder. To prove murder you have to prove that they knew that what they did was going to kill the child and that they actually intended to kill the child.

Dan

Yes, manslaughter would make more sense.

According to the papers, the police had a listening device in there, so they must have been under surveilance already. They heard a comment related to the methadone in the cough medicine bottle.

All too late for Rose though. A tragedy....

Have to agree with Zed. Off with them.

We can't bring the child back; but a good "hot shot" would fix the parents' problems.

I don't hate much in this world; but drugs & druggies are on the list.

(Now let the do-gooders bleat) We need a bit of contraversity again anyway. needs the practice.

Ken

Druggies are a waste of space making others suffer due to their selfish self inflicted habit.

Robbing houses, rolling old people, killing their own kids, the only people they keep in business are the drug lords, law people and undertakers and even then they probably default on the payments.

It sounds hard to suggest that they should be exterminated but that's what happens to other noxious life forms.

I feel more for cane toads and patterson’s curse than I do for these type of people and I think cane toads and patterson’s curse (salvation jane) should be exterminated.
    - Wood Borer