Hi Guys

I have had a few quotes from plasterers who suggest ripping my roof down and me being el cheapo was wondering if that was the best option and if there was possibly a cheaper alternative. Basically the place that I'm renovating was built in the early 60's and there is an extension (big family room and laundary) which was built in 1989 where the problem seems to be. If people would like me to take some pics I don't mind at all.

Through the middle of the ceiling there is a crack opening up and had cracked through a bit of the cornice and a little bit down the wall. This has occured at a join and paper tape was used. On one side of the roof some of the nails are popping out and if I push up on one half of the roof it pushes up The other half of the crack is firm. Also the cornice is not straight and peaks at the point where the crack is. I hear noises at night in the roof/wall (cavity for a sliding door) creaking.

I hope someone can help me as this is really stressing me out and it's holding back our renovations.

Thanks heaps in advance for your help!!!!:2tsup:

Trent

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...