Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Cyclone roofing screws/tek screws - Insultec?

Just found out that that my iron roof is held down by 'cyclone screws' - that's what the insulation guy called them when he came around this morning to do an install and said he wouldn't/couldn't remove them . I don't have a manhole (raked ceilings) so a roof lift is the only way. I guess the good thing is that my room won't come off in a hurry - but does this mean major hassles if we ever need to replace the roof?

Also looking at insultec paint now as an alternative - has anyone used this before? Opinions? Price per sq metre? Luckily the house is relatively compact I guess - 3br highset.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnine View Post
    Just found out that that my iron roof is held down by 'cyclone screws' - that's what the insulation guy called them when he came around this morning to do an install and said he wouldn't/couldn't remove them . I don't have a manhole (raked ceilings) so a roof lift is the only way. I guess the good thing is that my room won't come off in a hurry - but does this mean major hassles if we ever need to replace the roof?

Also looking at insultec paint now as an alternative - has anyone used this before? Opinions? Price per sq metre? Luckily the house is relatively compact I guess - 3br highset.

Thanks
    I grew up in Darwin and they get cyclones so the building code is very hard, so to hold the roof down they used cyclone screws they have a hex head. All I use to remove them was a spanner, so maybe he is not the right man to do the job. Good luck
    David
    giveitagoturning @hotmail.com

Thanks for your advice. I'll get up there on the weekend and check it out. It's difficult as the only half-decent insulation that I can get is silver-batts and I'm pretty sure that these are the only people that fit them. On the bright side (has to be one), is that if I use insultec I can put the rebate towards solar hot water as the hot water is also severely lacking