Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What a top bloke!

I own a few IAG shares. I just received a letter from a "company" offering to buy them from me for half price!

How good is that? What a nice man!

Sadly, I had to refuse his kind offer.

(actually, I thought the Feds had cracked down on this particular scam :confused: )

I thought they had prosecuted that guy? Maybe it's a new one.

Lovely people though.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

why dont you string him along and hook the bastard then forward the evidence to the local constabulary and cc him for reference ?

its always nice to share the love...
    Zed

We had that letter last year sometime. I wonder how many people go "yeah, OK".

Zed, that should be a colon in your description, not a semi-colon
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

G'day CraigB,

As it's a reply paid envelope that you send back. Stick the envelope to the back of a nice fat Yellow Pages and make him pay!

I've had a few offers from him on my AMP shares in the past and am waiting on the next letter from him so I can do the same. :mad: :eek:
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Sounds like a great deal to me! Sell! Sell!
    Photo Gallery

He's a well-known bottom-feeder. He's not actually doing anything illegal, but they cracked down on him a year or two back, so he now has to put the current price of the shares in his letter of offer.

His other scam is to buy shares in a small company, then try to force them to buy him off or he will start making trouble at AGMs. He's trying a similar stunt with Clime Asset Management at present. He has enough shares to force extraordinary meetings, which cost the company and other shareholders money.

Read that the Japanese have a name for this type of scam, but can't remember it - perhaps Schtoo or Goodwoody will oblige.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

I truely can't understand these types of people.

I mean how can you go through life being such an utter ars*hole?

Obviously he has no problems living with himself.

Is it a mental condition do you think? Like he's a sociopath or something? :confused:

Zed, that should be a colon in your description, not a semi-colon
    That's better!!
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

The problem is that they will get replies from some elderly people. That’s what annoys me most.

Bastard is a kind word to label these people.
    :mad:

He's like many people today who have been lead to believe that money is everything including happiness and respect. Poor soul, like many others who have been sucked in big time.

Unfortunately because money rates so high with these people, they stoop to any low level to get money. Their excuses include that's business, buyer beware, there's a sucker born every minute .....

Apart from their antisocial and selfish outlook, the bit that really upsets me with these people is that they assume everyone else is as self centred and as lame brained as themselves.

They are in the same category as many other slime that are wasting the space they occupy.

These people will never enjoy the pleasure of true mates or the pleasures of a passion like woodwork.
    - Wood Borer

Bastard is a kind word to label these people
    How 'bout oxygen thief? I always liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    How 'bout oxygen thief? I always liked that one.
    Oxygen thief is good. I'll have to remember that one.

rrich Guest

Default Maybe a bit confused

What is so wrong with someone offering to buy something? I'm not sure of the context of the offer or why it is against the law?

I get idiot Real Estate Agents and Brokers offering to buy my place all the time. Not only do they offer half price, but they kindly offer to allow me to pay all closing costs and their commisions. If I'm really interesteed, they will pay with zero coupon bonds face value for face value. (Zero coupon bonds do not pay interest and only pay full price at maturity. They are sold at a discount.) When one shakes hands with these types it is necessary to count your fingers afterwards.

"Dear so and so,

I will pay you $450 for your $1000 worth of shares. Sign here and sent it back to me ASAP. Blah, blah, blah…."