Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    37 Deg, 52. 697' South 145 deg, 15.627' East. Elevation 78M

Default Surprise visitor at my back door

We had a surprise visitor this afternoon. A male King Parrot he looked hungry so we put some parrot food out he had a good feed and a drink and went on his way
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe.

Beautiful bird... lucky you

We have planted our garden full of natives with the hope of encouraging native birds into the yard. We also have a couple of feeders and have been getting a number of Crimson Rosella's and a couple of Rainbow Lorikeets in. Love the sound of 10-15 parrots chirping away at each other while I'm sitting down to enjoy a coffee in the morning
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

37 Deg, 52. 697' South 145 deg, 15.627' East. Elevation 78M

Quote Originally Posted by corbs View Post
    Beautiful bird... lucky you

We have planted our garden full of natives with the hope of encouraging native birds into the yard. We also have a couple of feeders and have been getting a number of Crimson Rosella's and a couple of Rainbow Lorikeets in. Love the sound of 10-15 parrots chirping away at each other while I'm sitting down to enjoy a coffee in the morning
    We have rainbow Lorikeets come down to my apple core tree, I call it an apple core tree because that's all they leave me I figure thay have a need to eat and it is a small price to have the birds come down, its the first time I have had a king Parrot he brings the number of species that have visited up to 23
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe.

Thumbs up

Nice shot!

We have a King Parrot round here somewhere. I hear him but haven't yet seen him.

We've got a family of brown fantails made a nest in our ornamental pear tree in the backyard. Nest is about 3 inches across and maybe 4 inches deep. We watched the little birds making the nest, then watched momma bird sitting on her eggs, and now we have three little babies with their eyes just open. Nice that a tree we've planted has become home to a family.
    Bob C.

Never give up.