Hey All.
I've bult a few decks in my time, but its always been on cypress stumps. Anyway, my latest project will include decking from the front door, down to the foopath and will step down a flight of maybe 5 or 6 steps.
I have no trouble once I've gotten to the slope of the front yard, and building the steps as I can use stumps etc.
My issue is decking over the concrete. I have read numerous posts about decking over concrete. I've attached a terrible picture to give you some insight.

I purchased some L brackets and am planning on bolting these to the concrete with a masonry bolt, and using another peice of treated pine as a bearer to get the joists to the correct height. I may need to pack these in various spots to get the right height. But the joists will then be skew nailed into these. Is this ok to do ?

At one point I may even consider putting half a brick under some of the "bearers" to get the desired height, as the concrete path that comes out after the undercover area is on a steep slope. Is this ok, as long as the "bearer" is still bolted with an L bracket to the concrete..

I've attached some of my google sketchup plans for the first level of the subframe and my house. half that deck will be undercover as you can see, the other half will not. There is concrete and a path (which is on a steep slope) which is not in the picture.

I' hope i've been clear enough.
Unfortunatley My alan staines book does not have much info about decking over concrete....especially sloped concrete!

Attached Thumbnails

More...