Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default who do I get quotes from for replacing 2nd story cladding

as per my thread title, I'm wondering who would be the best trade to start enquiring about prices to replace some cladding.

its the FC sheeting on the upper story of the house, Ideally for looks we'd like to replace it with corrugated or trim deck colour bond so unsure if a metal roofing mob would be the best place to start? or is there someone else that does this stuff

I could probably do the bit above the deck my self, but working off ladders on the other exposed part is the sketchy bit.

20240315_170349.jpg

some heavy winds have started ripping the sheets off the nails so they need replacing

Roof plumber should walk that in but that will require scaffold not ladders AND

depending how old the building is it may very well be asbestos cement sheet requiring the remover to be licensed in the removal and disposal of asbestos containing products.

Working off the deck, get a measurement at the gable (height) and a length across the base/eaves.

Decide which way you want the sheets (horizontal or vertical ?) and then discuss with the plumber how the sheets are to finish at the base.

In all honesty once the scaffold is up, providing you can use snips or cutting tool (not angle grinder) you can probably do it yourself.

Fix it to the stud frame with 25x12 hex head timber fix screws (assuming it is timber frame) fixed in the valleys of the corrugations.

You may be able to remove 10 to 20 square metres of asbestos cement sheet yourself ???, check online and with local authority, but the problem then is disposing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rambunctious View Post
    Roof plumber should walk that in but that will require scaffold not ladders AND

depending how old the building is it may very well be asbestos cement sheet requiring the remover to be licensed in the removal and disposal of asbestos containing products.

Working off the deck, get a measurement at the gable (height) and a length across the base/eaves.

Decide which way you want the sheets (horizontal or vertical ?) and then discuss with the plumber how the sheets are to finish at the base.

In all honesty once the scaffold is up, providing you can use snips or cutting tool (not angle grinder) you can probably do it yourself.

Fix it to the stud frame with 25x12 hex head timber fix screws (assuming it is timber frame) fixed in the valleys of the corrugations.

You may be able to remove 10 to 20 square metres of asbestos cement sheet yourself ???, check online and with local authority, but the problem then is disposing of it.

house is 1997 and its definitely not asbestos (has the james hardie logo on the back)

might do some pricing into light wieght scaffold. Being time poor also never helps