Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default WOODWORKING QUIZ for 27 Oct 04

Good Evening Friends,
    I don't know what happened to the quiz for the 26th but I must have slipped up somewhere.
    Oh, well nobody ids perfect.

Here is the one for today; A jig for this and a jig for that, as well as a jig for almost everything we build. The question is do you keep your jigs and where do you store them?

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio

I keep all my jigs in the jigatorium.

Al

In one of those plastic sleeve folders, between the Celtic Reels, and the Traditional Folk Music.

Cheers,

P

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Jones
    A jig for this and a jig for that, as well as a jig for almost everything we build. The question is do you keep your jigs and where do you store them?
    You mean to say that we must build something with the jigs we make? What a quaint idea. Must try it sometime.

I keep my jigs if I think I will need them again and store them in the workshop.

Peter.

My jigs are more templates.

Some I use for setting the saw or router or handtools and others I use just for tracing out identical parts. Most of them are made from 3 ply and they have a hole in them for a piece of wire which is used to suspend them on nails etc around the shed.

They are quite safe there because the spiders weave their intricate webs from the different shapes of the templates to other anchor points around the shed.
    - Wood Borer

Good Evening Friends,
    It seem that we are all in the same boat as I myself just got shed of some jigs that I had made several years ago and have no idea what they were for.

Yes, the spiders do have a nack of building their webs in the most undisturbed place, which is a good sign that those jigs need to go.

However there are jigs that I would not be without, such as the 10º bevel jig that I clamp to my drill press table when I am making those quaint little milking stools with three legs. Since I live in a farming community, every spring I make up a bunch of them an go to a Grocery or clothing store parking lot and sell all of them in a short period for $15.00 each as the folks around here want to remember, "the good old days."

Thanks for your support.

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio

Sooooo, where do you keep the jigs?

Al :confused:

Hello OZ Winner,
    I keep them pretty much in the same place as the lot of you folks, hanging from nails, pegs and any other place I can put them out of the way.
    Since my shop has a loft, I can hang them from the trusses up there.

I will attempt to attach a picture of my shop. Well it appears the picture is too large to attach, but it is a gambrilled roof barn design and plenty of floor space when empty. That is my next chore when I have time.

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio