Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Day again

Default Hair Day again

Today Meg is going to the hairdressers. She tells me a few days in advance and I immediately record the earth shattering event in my PDA to remind me just before I get home so I can “notice”.

My problem is that I can rarely guess correctly whether her hair has been cut, trimmed, coloured, permed etc etc etc. Sometimes it is a combination of processes and occasionally I haven’t even heard of the process.

If I get it wrong I feel like I am letting her down (she knows about the PDA reminder) and if I get it right she knows it was a lucky guess.

Is there any sure fire way of knowing what work was done on her hair or do I just have to get used to being in the dark on these issues because I am a male?

Perhaps because of my lack of hair, I have mentally blocked out anything associated with hair.

Would ringing the hairdresser solve the problem or would she dob me in to SWMBO?

How do other blokes overcome this problem?
    - Wood Borer

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Make her a cup of tea. Look her in the face. Smile and say - You look stunning dear. did he do?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Borer
    Today Meg is going to the hairdressers. She tells me a few days in advance and I immediately record the earth shattering event in my PDA to remind me just before I get home so I can “notice”.

My problem is that I can rarely guess correctly whether her hair has been cut, trimmed, coloured, permed etc etc etc. Sometimes it is a combination of processes and occasionally I haven’t even heard of the process.

If I get it wrong I feel like I am letting her down (she knows about the PDA reminder) and if I get it right she knows it was a lucky guess.

Is there any sure fire way of knowing what work was done on her hair or do I just have to get used to being in the dark on these issues because I am a male?

Perhaps because of my lack of hair, I have mentally blocked out anything associated with hair.

Would ringing the hairdresser solve the problem or would she dob me in to SWMBO?

How do other blokes overcome this problem?
    Mate, there is no answer. For sure the hairdresser will dob you in to Meg.

I reckon you're lucky you've got the PDA.

There's been times I've said "Oh, you've had your haircut" when she hasn't been within cooee of the haidressers.

Other times when she has and I've failed utterly to notice.

I figure that it's just a "bloke thing".

Trouble is, it's not like with a bloke when you can tell he's had a haircut because it's shorter . With the ladies, they can go to the hairdressers and to us it just looks like they've combed it a different way.

Stick with the PDA, you won't do better than that

Ask her the details of what she had done.

She'll be happier that you showed a genuine interest rather than you actually knew.

--
    PS In next week's tip I'll be explaining how to fake looking genuinely interested
    They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.
    Bob Monkhouse

Now all these strategies assume that you can actually get things right. It's a well known fact that it doesn't matter what you do, a woman can find fault with it and get upset. Just because what you did one day was pleasing to her, doesn't mean that repeating it at any time will please her again. However if you don't you will displease her and she'll be asking you "why haven't you ..............again, you know I like it?"

Mick
    always in the s**t, i's just the depth that varies.
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Through a fortutious accident, I never have to worry, but I get bonus points if I do.

If you care to try my method:

A couple of year's ago, I finally got fed up with paying the hairdresser's outrageous search fee, and had a buzz cut (nothing wild, just a #3 to start with).

After a couple of day's our neighbour popped in for a chat, and remarked "...and 'e's had a haircut"!

Mrs Midge, thinking she had said "Andy's had a haircut" (neighbour's husband Andrew), asked why that was significant.

NO screamed neighbour, pointing in my direction HE'S HAD A HAIRCUT!!

Slowly it dawned on her......she had the grace to ask how long ago, and I've been off the hook ever since!!

Cheers,

P

I just don't make eye contact - ever. Couldn't even tell you what my wife looks like. Might not even be my wife for all I know...

"I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by simon c
    PS In next week's tip I'll be explaining how to fake looking genuinely interested
    Mate! I look forward to that one!

PS, how are you off for rain gauges Eric? (Reference to silentC)
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tankstand
    Mate! I look forward to that one!

PS, how are you off for rain gauges Eric? (Reference to silentC)
    Rain gauges I've got, it's rain we need. Dry as a dead dingo's donger down here at the moment.

BTW if the subject of your avatar is married, I bet her husband never notices her haircuts, either. Eye contact would be out of the question....
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Default Mrs Midge is not alone!

Went for a little walk in Nepal for most of April. I decided the weight of razor, brush and shaving cream would be too much. My wife started complaining about the fuzzy growth all over my face by day 3, I reckon I was reminded 5 times a day for the next 5 weeks. On Tuesday I had had enough of the itch and thought that with my hair looking long and wooley I had been mistaken for an Iraqi terrorist too many times (besides worried about Amanda Brimstone having me deported for not voting Liberal), so I went for a haircut/shave. Couldn't find a barber at Southland Women's Shopping Centre only women hairdressers (sorry we dont do shaves explained I didn't want a Brazilian just my face) so could only get the haircut. Went home that night spent 25 minutes hacking at the face with 2 razors. Daughter stuck her head in bathroom and said 'Cutting off the beard then are we?' I thought my wife would have heard this since she was only 1 room away.

Then I cooked dinner, sat with wife in kitchen to eat dinner. Will she notice?
    Sat in lounge talking to her for about 2 hours. Will she notice?
    Eventually went to bed me grinning.
    At breakfast next morning madam commented on clothes I was wearing, kissed her goodbye.Will she notice?

Much the same yesterday then 8pm she says, 'When did you shave it off'

So, if it only takes 50 hours for the penny to drop, I think the bandsaw purchase is looking good, 'What, no I've had thet old thing for years!'

I always notice when she has her haircut, I think.

regards
    Geoff

MANY YEARS AGO:

You look gorgeous today, darling!

Hurrumph, I know what you want!

Um, err, well, yes, but that wasn't why I said it.

Hurrumph!

NEXT DAY:

You look awful today, darling!

Hurrumph! - Thump, biff, crash, bam!

Ooh!, Ow! It was only a joke!

Hurrumph!

There's no way you can win!

regards
    Coldamus

My girlfriend took precautions. She said no.

Hair Day again
    Get her to always wear a foilie and the problem is solved.

Photo Gallery

Good luck, no matter what you do/say, fault will be found! Go and hide in your shed for a few days to the storm passes
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

I know this should go in the jokes forum but I think it is appropriate in this case.

Men Vs. Women Jokes FINE
    This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES
    This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING
    This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine"

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows)
    This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows)
    This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care" You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH
    This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH
    Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY
    This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow."

GO AHEAD!
    At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO
    This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS
    A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.

THANKS A LOT
    This is much different from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh." Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing"

Dave Barry Barry ?