I got some insulation installed in my roof. Its a flat roof so I went with the reflective foil variety under the roof sheets.

As my roof was nailed down all bar the front and back row and no man hole the roofing mob had to do a roof lift to install the foil.I asked that all nails be replaced with screws. This was part of the quote.

After they had left I got up on the roof to inspect their work. To me it looks @@@@ house. There are tear holes were they removed the nails. I got on the phone to the owner of the business and he assured me this was standard practice that they use a crow bar and a hammer to remove the nails and tearing was inevitable.

I asked why he hadn't at least siliconed the holes and he said the guys did, which was crap as there are numerous small holes were water could get in, he assured me he would send someone out that day to fix up any holes they missed. I waited till the next day and then got back up there to check, sure enough they hadn't returned.

I figure if it rained I could be in for a bit of grief so I siliconed all the holes myself.

Now I've rambled on with my story, what I want to know is, is it acceptable to leave tear marks in the old sheets? I figured a couple okay but there would be at least 30 - 40 smalls holes. Do I have a leg to stand on if my roof gets flooded? Is their a mob I can complain too about poor workmanship?

Here is a couple of pics of the tears in the sheets. They would be less than half a 5c peice in size but still I figure since there are enough of them with a big enough deluge it could give me grief.

Am I being too pedantic and should just harden the f#$% up or do I have a valid case to have a whinge?

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...