Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Bostitch N66C coil nailer

OK, I've bought a Bostitch coil nailer for general purpose work.
    Page 6 of the manual refers to a tab that needs to be repositioned for plastic collated nails but I'm completely bamboozled as to where /which tab need to be changed about, I can't find anything adjustable at all apart from the nail platform.
    Does anyone own one of these, and if so have you figured out the manual?
    Help!!!!!

yep got one but never read the manual have used wire and plastic collated nails without problem but maybe model has changed as mine is at least 8 years old hmmm will have to download the manual and have a look
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs .

I have one. There is a plastic door that covers the coil and a metal door that covers the feeding mechanism. You will see that the metal door overlaps the plastic and holds it shut. On the metal door is a tab that goes over 3 ridges on the plastic. I figured that if you push the plastic door up (towards handle) and it twists slightly, it doesn't close all the way. You can shut the metal door and the tab now locks under these 3 ridges, and everything is secure.

Check yours as wel as mine came with 2 triggers. I thought I had the safety trigger fitted. i.e. one shot, lift, release trigger , press down and one shot) Turns out it wasn't, and had fitted the rapid fire trigger.

Thanks for the info bpj.
    I think they come standard with the bump fire trigger fitted, I changed mine over to single shot, the grey trigger.
    Anyhow, I used it today for the first time and shot off about 1000 plastic collated nails without changing anything on the gun so I still have no idea what the manual is on about, I emailed Bostitch and the retailer on the weekend but needless to say I haven't heard from either of them, but it's all good anyway.
    The only hassle I had was that on two or three of the coils I had to pull the plastic through the throat of the gun to get them started, the plastic got stuck after the first shot and the second shot was a blank, but once I figured that out it went like a dream.
    I only wish I'd bought one years ago.