Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default The squeaky wheel

Well a few months ago I bought an all-in-one printer for $80, with a $30 cash-back offer. I registered my claim on their website, and posted off the details they asked for. I then received an email saying that my claim had been denied for the following reason:
    Declined Reason : Invalid Barcode Panel Received
    I read their conditions more carefully, and the next day I posted off the actual barcode cut out from the box.
    A month later I had received no response, so I blasted away a few more emails to various departments with only one response: “Please ring customer service on the following number”
    I rang the number, only to be told that my claim was denied, and they hadn’t received the barcode. I told them that all I had now was my receipt, a photocopy of the barcode that I made on my new all in one printer, and a box with a hole where the barcode used to be. They told me that without the barcode they couldn’t approve my claim, but they gave me an email address to send my complaint to.
    A month later (just this morning), with no response, I rang the number again only to be told that my claim was denied.

I told them that I had bought the printer in good faith, and they should check their records to see if a claim had been processed in relation to the serial number on my printer. I told them that I still had the original receipt along with a box with a hole in it, and if my email continues to be ignored, I will contact my Ombudsman, and I will start a thread at Whirlpool Forums outlining my grief with your company.

An hour later I received a phone call saying that my claim had been approved, and I also received an email:
    Your Claim Reference : XXXXXXX

Please allow 75 days from receipt of this message for your payment to
    be received
    I won’t mention their name because I’m quite happy with the outcome, and I’m also very happy with my new all-in-one printer.

This is simply another illustration of how ‘The squeaky wheel gets the grease”.

but sometimes yer also hafta give the squeaky wheel a bump with a big hammer
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by pawnhead View Post
    An hour later I received a phone call saying that my claim had been approved, and I also received an email:
    I won’t mention their name because I’m quite happy with the outcome, and I’m also very happy with my new all-in-one printer.

This is simply another illustration of how ‘The squeaky wheel gets the grease”.
    Please allow 75 days from receipt of this message for your payment to
    be received
    Yeh right 75 days .
    With all these promo's of cash refunds that have gone to air of NOT coming forth it'a wonder anyone still buy's for these reasons.

It's like saying if you pay Cash you get it for less regardless of which way you pay it's still legal tender an still cash in the account.